Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Alternatives Playpen flooring

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
So I use grids for a playpen so I can fold them flat and put them away. My pigs all have pretty large cages so the playpen is just for excitement. I was wanting to set up a playpen big enough for me to sit in with them but my real problem is flooring. Here's why:

My hardwood floors are unfinished so I really need good protection. It's gotta be big, like 5x7ish but it also needs to be storable and fit in my washing machine. My pigs are chewers so previous attempts with things like vinyl tablecloths or shower curtains has resulted in holes. Money is also an issue right now so unless I can find one a Salvation Army I don't think I can get a large quilted waterproof mattress pad.

Anyone have any ideas?

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
I use vinyl tablecloths with fleece on top.

AmberCalzone

Cavy Slave
I used these. They're 4x4 feet, still large enough for you to sit in there with them... but if you wanted bigger, you could just buy two.

They're waterproof, so the pee stays on top. I used this as the bottom to my actual cage, it protects the floors really well. I used towels and fleece with it, because like I said, this alone and the pee will just stay on top. Before I started using it for my actual cage bottom, I used it for floor time though. And for floortime, you can just wipe up the pee when you're done, and sweep up the poos off of it.

It is both washing machine and drier safe.
It folds just like a blanket.

(broken link removed)

It went up in price a bit since I bought them, it used to be $27, but it's still a pretty good deal.

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave

Celine Chorney

Cavy Slave
you could use a fridge box cut to size and seal it with large garbage bags. Then just pop a fleece over top and you're ready to go

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.