Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Size Our new c&c is started

kraizy randoms

Cavy Slave
We made a 3x5 for our trio today, still planning the upper level and more forest. Right now I am using shower curtains for the base, as it seems easier to ball up and throw away than washing coro. I need ideas on secure upper levels as I live in an earthquake area. I'm thinking a 2x3 loft?

Our new c&c is started

Last edited:
Looks like a nice big cage. Awesome!

Looks nice! I'm in an earthquake area too but I haven't done lofts yet so no advice. Hope you figure it out!

As big and roomy as the cage is, I wouldn't bother with a loft. Nice job btw.

They seem to like it. I have a slightly territorial girl in there, so the 2x5 just wasn't working out all the time. They still get to free roam the room, but I want to see if this will work better. I tried an upper level, but it doesn't feel sturdy enough for a strong earthquake so I think they will have to go without for now.

I agree with @lunarmix; that's a nice cage, good space. As long as your piggies have places to run off to, which they have, I don't think a loft is really necessary. Wish I could have my big cage back (was 8' x 3'), had to reduce the size in my new place with new landlord.

I agree with @lunarmix; that's a nice cage, good space. As long as your piggies have places to run off to, which they have, I don't think a loft is really necessary. Wish I could have my big cage back (was 8' x 3'), had to reduce the size in my new place with new landlord (now 4' x 4').

Sorry, doubled up again

Nice cage!

For the loft, if you use lots of zip ties, it will help keep the grids secure. Wood studs will also help.
(broken link removed)

Look for 2x2 lumber that are 1 3/8" x 1 3/8". They will slide into the grid square.

Wow I like that upper level. It looks sturdy enough! We recently had a 6.8 earthquake, and the siding on my home split, so I'm a little worried about a cage level coming down on Clover if we get a big earthquake. (she's always been under the loft) We did remove the wall items above the cage after the pic was taken.

Unfortunately, I don't have any advice, but your cage, looks beautiful!

It's looking awesome!!

I'm awfully curious... did you buy those hay bags (if so, where?), or did you make them yourself? They're really adorable!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.