Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

One Death, A Million Words.

coojoe135

Cavy Slave
I lost a piggy today. My oldest in which I call Piggy Mama died this morning of an unknown cause. I went up to feed them and she was lying there. It broke my heart and I cried for hours and I still am. Im going to miss her so much and not only I miss her but it made a impact on my household as well. I just hope she knows just how much I truly loved her. I feel like it was my fault, like I didn't give her everything she needed. What do I do to make my other guinea pig happy?

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I am so very sorry for the loss of Piggy Moma. Let me tell you, you did nothing wrong. I too, had a beloved pig who was fine when I went to bed and when I woke up he was gone. I didn't have a clue as to what happened. They can be such funny creatures. They can be sick and you don't know it. They hide sickness as a peservation when they lived in the wild. Please don't blame yourself. It sounds as if she was one spoiled pig! She had a good life, with alot of love and good care. Think on that.
Your other pig may mourn. Give her extra love and veggies. If you are able in your grief, maybe you can look into adopting another friend for her.

There is a beautiful video on Youtube called "The Rainbow Bridge" It may give your broken heart some comfort to know that your Piggy Moma is there living the good life and waiting for you. Again, I am so very sorry for your loss.

kathlaaron

Cavy Slave
I am deeply sorry for your loss....warm wishes and big hugs to you. :love:

thecomfycat

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Don't blame yourself; loving and caring for your pets as best you can is all anyone can ever do. It sounds like she was well loved, and I'm sure she knew it.

Henrysmommy

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry! You and Your Piggy are in my thoughts. <3

pinky

Cavy Slave
If you find your other guinea pig seems lonely, you might want to consider adopting a friend for her. But, I'd only do that if you want to bring another one into your household. If you opt to have just one guinea pig, you just need to make sure you give her a lot of attention so she won't be bored or lonely..... I'm really sorry for your loss.....

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
So sorry for your loss. I hope you can keep the many happy memories of her close to your heart.

Duffinvt

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure she had a wonderful life with you. Hold close your precious memories and grieve as you should. My thoughts are with you.

Mama'sboys

Cavy Slave
I am truely sorry for the loss of your dear friend. Sounds like she didn't suffer, and had a wonderful life with you as I can tell from reading your post. Comes right from your heart.:love:

PickyPiggy

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry! She had a wonderful life and in not any way was this your fault.

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry about the loss of your beloved piggy. I know she had a wonderful life with you and misses you as much as you miss her. Big hugs and positive thoughts to you.

cavyluvr

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry for your loss. Give your other piggie lots of extra attention and veggies. It sounds like piggie mama had a peaceful death and a happy life=)

coojoe135

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone. She is currently in a different cage until I get the other cage surely clean. She is acting normal, eating, drinking, and playing. We do not plan to adopt in another but were going to get some stuffed animals and some toys to cheer her up. Thanks for all your blessings!

OllieandFriends

Cavy Gazer
I'm sorry for your loss. You and your piggies will be in my thoughts, lots of hugs to you :love:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.