Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hay Ok to abruptly switch from Kaytee to Oxbow?

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
Just wanted to double check things!

Both my piggies have had Kaytee timothy hay for around a year, but we are finally able to get Oxbow now! I've heard it's a superior hay so I plan to switch to it. ( Especially since their pellets have always been Oxbow )

Question is, I don't have much of the Kaytee hay left, so is it ok to abruptly switch to the Oxbow Western timothy hay?
They got two handfuls of Oxbow mixed with the last remainder of their Kaytee hay tonight and absolutely love it!! It looks/smells/feels the same, but I think they taste a difference :)

LittleSqueakers

Cavy Slave
Hay is hay no matter which company cut and bagged the stuff, so yes! It's quite alright to just switch straight to the oxbow hay. It's only with food pellets that you want to transition from the old pellets to the new pellets.

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
Yay, thank you!! I thought that would be the case, especially since it's still timothy hay; but I wanted to make sure :)

petluv

Cavy Slave
My Abby loved Oxbow hay (but hated the pellets...go figure.) Glad your piggies like it too. :D We would have stayed on it but found Small Pet Select (also high quality) to be cheaper in bulk.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.