Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Off to College!

Blog entry from old forum

Kimberly713

Cavy Slave
It's been awhile since I'd been on here and I felt like it's time to share how my girls are doing in the past months. Those who don't know me on here, I've got two girls whom I love to death! Cinnamon & Calypso. They are about sheesh, 15 and 16 months old now? :0 They are doing fantastic! I can't believe how well bonded they are becoming too! (It only took a year lol) I saw them in the same igloo napping the other day for the first time ever! They still boss around the cat at laptime and he's grown to just accept the little rodents as part of the family by now, he's very well mannered and is never left unsupervised so no worries. :) The girls got their cage recently downsized from a 2x5 to a 2x4, they don't seem to mind no fighting or space issues, they run laps more now actually? The sad thing is I'm spending my final day with them today :guilty: Tomorrow I move into my dorm on campus as an incoming freshman at Kent State University. My parents agreed to care for them during the week and I'll come home on weekends, which means I get to do cage cleanings still, yay... haha I'm going to miss them terribly but I know they'll be taken care of, and FAT when I come home! My mom likes to feed them strawberries and carrots more than needed. They have her wrapped around their paws :tearsofjo Still I'm sort of excited to start my life on my own, and the plan is next year I'll get an apartment with my friend and the piggies come back home with Mama! I still can't believe how awesome guinea pigs are even over a year later, and I'm convinced my two girls are the best they get haha, but aren't we all?
2011-06-21 15.48.08 (2).jpg2011-04-07 12.54.26 (2).jpg "Mini and Lypso! <3"

c4talys7

Cavy Slave
You're going to love college. I'm starting my second year in about a month and was dorming my first year as well. I have an apartment this year and working on fitting the cage in the room for my two cavies. Your girls are so cute!

longlostcurls

Cavy Slave
At first I thought your piggie on the right was wearing a sweater.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.