Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Liners New Uhaul Blanket Pads Questions

Digital_Dad

Cavy Slave
I have to make new Liners for our C&C since we now have two 2x5's. We went to Uhaul and bought their pads for $8 a piece last night. Theses pads are different than the ones we had in the past.

:importantThe salesman there told us that they would fall apart if they were washed. And if they were dried would produce a ton of lint and probably catch the dryer on fire?:eye-poppi

We also went and bought 12 yards of fleece.

We know this all has to be washed a few times before we can sew it together and are not sure what to do now.

This is what the older Uhaul pads look like, they are a lighter blue and have different states and the darker ones are the new pads.

So what should I do?
Wash and dry the new ones any way?
Are these the ones other people here have been using?

Also 2 vs 1 layer of Uhaul pad between two pieces of fleece? example: fleece - pad - pad - fleece.
HELP

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
The blue ones are the type that I have. I use two layers, I think it keeps things a little drier, but one works too. My drier has yet to catch fire but they do leave lots of lint so make sure to clean your lint trap!

Digital_Dad

Cavy Slave
The blue ones are the type that I have.
Which ones are the "blue" ones? The light blue or the darker blue?

I use two layers, I think it keeps things a little drier, but one works too.
On the last ones we made we used two layers also, but it was hard to sew, and wondered if one would work as well for 7 days?

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
The new Uhaul pad is what I have.

Brandi0509

Cavy Slave
I have the new uhaul pads too. They washed and dried just fine. I just got my babies a few days ago so I have only washed them once but they looked just the same when they came out of the washer/dryer as when I put them in. :) And on the Uhaul website it says they are machine washable. :)

SeeSpotSit

Cavy Slave
I have both of these "colors" and neither have set my dryer on fire and I've washed both multiple times without them falling apart. I think you'll be ok. I would say 1 layer of U-haul pad in the liner will probably need either puppy pads or another piece of U-haul under heavy potty areas. I have pads that I made with one piece of U-haul in my kitchen area that I change every other day and they're pretty wet in the main corner. I'm about to sew liners too and will probably use 1 layer but I use smaller little pads under their fleece forest and condo that I change every other day.

Digital_Dad

Cavy Slave
And on the Uhaul website it says they are machine washable.
Just checked that out and you are right, thank you! I feel much better now and i am quite upset with the salesman at Uhaul.
They are in the wash now!
Now to figure out design on the liner ? and I am pretty sure we are going with two layers again.

Brandi0509

Cavy Slave
You're welcome! And I do one layer of fleece with two layers of uhaul. :)

Digital_Dad

Cavy Slave
I have a new dilemma that is stopping me now, I have a 2x5 on top of another 2x5 and want to put a ramp going between them. And that means I am going to have to cut a hole in the liner, but the liner is going to be reversible so the hole has to be in a certain spot so the liner can still be flipped over and line up with the hole. AHHH why does it always have to be such a battle?

piggiepleaser

Cavy Slave
Have you given any thought to centering the ramp so that the pad will fit on either side?

That was my thought as well. I don't know about your piggies, but Toby likes to run *around* things and would be quite pleased to have a ramp to run around. :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.