Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Need another Male piggy in NC

purplecandle

Cavy Slave
One of my male guinea pigs died yesterday and that leaves his cage buddy Sookie very sad. And it is winter time so he needs someone to snuggle with. Sookie is at least 3 years old (I think getting closer to 4) and is small for a male. He was shyer than his buddy, but slightly more dominant. However, he never bit or fought with his buddy.I do have a c&c cage, 4 by 2 (grids) that is home to my depressed piggy. I have everything piggies need. If anyone knows of a male pig that needs a buddy and a good home let me know. I live in North CarolinaThanks everyone! 

I just looked on CL, and there's a fluffy male for adoption in Burlington.
There's also a very reputable rescue in Morrisville called All Creatures Rescue and Sanctuary. Another member here has adopted from them several times.
I've also heard nice things about Carolina Pet Rescue in Durham.
Good luck!

Yes, we saw the one in Burlington..he is adorable. He looks a lot bigger than my male, but we will send an email to see about his temperament. We also found a yellow satin? that has been up for adoption for a long timeWhat do you think? (broken link removed)

i think he's beautiful! I don't believe I've ever seen a Satin before. His story is terribly sad too. I didn't realize that Satin's can have so many extra health issues, so that's something to consider too.
Personally, I always lean toward adopting CL piggies (all four of mine are from there). They just pull me more than pigs in a rescue, I'm not sure why. I would bet anything that little fluffball in Burlington would fit right in with your little guy. I think it would be worth meeting him,anyway. :)

Isn't that yellow color crazy?? They call him cream colored..but the only thing on him that looks cream is the whitish spot on his forehead....the rest of him is banana yellow! I feel bad for him. I remeber seeing his ad months ago. The other little guy in Burlington is also pulling at my heart a little, you can see how small his cage is in the picture. Plus he is about 15 minutes away from me. I have that exact same cage but I only use it to put the pigs in when I clean the c&c cage out. I thought about putting rats in it though.

His coloring is awesome! i've seen cream pigs before, but nothing quite like that guy. I wonder what it would be like to pet him?
That cage was terribly small. I think it would even be too small for rats. There's some cool modified C&C's in the gallery for rats though.
The poor little guy. If I didn't already have my hands full( and been banned from bringing home anymore needy pigs. Silly men!), I'd be tempted to get him myself. He looks like he needs some loving, companionship,and tasty veggies!

Thankfully, my husband has not banned any pigs...he has, however, banned fish and specifically puffer fish. Currently I am running 7 tanks!You really are talking me into the burlington guy...

He adores the ones we have, especially our PEW, Mary. I took in three CL pigs to foster earlier in the year( two were pregnant, all three were lice-y), and he just remembers the astronomical costs for the vet, veggies, etc. That's his big beef.
I'm glad I am! Just think of that little fluffer having to go to sleep in that teeny cage, barely big enough to turn around in. He likely doesn't get much floor time either. Probably hasn't had a decent pellet or veggie his entire life. And were those cedar shavings I thought I saw in the pic?! (i think this might be what pulls me to CL pigs over rescue pigs. Many rescue pigs are getting all these nice things. CL pigs are usually not.)
Your fish sound like a lot of work! We have a betta :)

Ok, tears came to the eyes reading Valor's story. I wish I could take him. I'm a sucker for a hard luck story. :(

I know, he looks like a sweetie too.

Yes, Valor is beautiful. Such a story... he sounds so overdue for a wonderful and loving home. I have been on Petfinder looking at girls (I have 2 girls now) and came across his ad and just had to open it. His story has stuck in my mind :love: I want to bring home every animal I read about there!

Well, I did not get the Burlington piggy. I sent an email, got no response but did start receiving weird requests for friendship in my email.

I thought about waiting to get Valor (the shelter that has him was holding off adoptions until after the holidays).

I did not think my Sookie could wait. He began staying out of his pigaloos and just standing there staring at nothing all day. So I called every shelter/rescue within 100 miles of me. I found a few pigs, but they were all female.

Then one of the dog sanctuaries (A wonderful older lady who spent a lot of her day helping me) I had called earler in the day called me back and said she knew of a pig that got droped off at a pet store. A fish and REPTILE store...reptile is capitalized so that you can guess why the pig was dropped off there. I guess the owner had add a heart and decided to find a home for the pig by calling shelters since he did not have the cage and stuff needed to keep him to sell. He did not know if he was male or female. So, I drove over two towns and sure enough he was a male baby..but a big baby..he is about the same size as my adult male. (My male is small for his age)

The pet store owner had him in a smallish mouse cage because he did not have anything else to put him in. Unfortunately the store owner does breed mice for the reptiles :( The store owner had spend some money on timothy hay for him, so I reimbursed him for that and took the little boy home.

I figured it was fate that the pet store owner did not have any snakes big enough to eat the piggy in stock.

The little boy as soooooo frightened that when I brought him home and introduced him to my sookie on the floor..he went straight up to him and tried to get underneath him for a "Please, I am scared snuggle"

They have gotten a long well for days now. I do not know how he was housed before he got to the pet store, but the baby seems "surprised" by veggies and fleece. He seems a little too fat for his age so he probably was fed, just not fed well. It also took him a while to understand the pigaloos. I had to promise him they were not wormholes to another dimension LOL. I haven't named the new pig yet. I will post pics soon!

I wish you were able to quarantine him first before putting him with your little boy. You don't know if he's sick or has bugs or mites. Maybe you shou should treat them both anyway now.

Can't wait to see his picture. Congrats!! I'm so glad you were able to save him before a snake person got him.

Yeah, I know I was a bad mommy. I only watched the baby for a few hours in a separate cage before introduced them. I know better...just couldn't wait.

At this point it's done. Just watch both carefully and at first sign of anything strange take them to the vet just in case.

Pics?! Need to see pics!!

Sorry bout' the loss!! RIP

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.