Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Need a piggie train from North central Arkansas to New Orleans

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
The dove site posted it but so far no response. I'm wondering if 4Hers would be willing to help. There has to be a ton of 4Hers in Miss. I just don't know how to go about getting in touch with them and I'm not certain I want to.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I have a surprise for you VJ. If you can drive to Butte, LA, Baby Elly will be there in less than two weeks. I have a friend taking her husband back to Louisiana to get back on his ship and they go through Butte and are willing to drive her down there to you. I don't know exactly what day he has to be back on the ship yet, but I will let you know.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
Ly&Pigs said:
I have a surprise for you VJ. If you can drive to Butte, LA, Baby Elly will be there in less than two weeks. I have a friend taking her husband back to Louisiana to get back on his ship and they go through Butte and are willing to drive her down there to you. I don't know exactly what day he has to be back on the ship yet, but I will let you know.

Yipee yipee yahoo hurrah!!!!

I will be there with bells on. THAT is a drive I can easily make!!!!

I love you love you love you!!!!!!

lalalalalalalala

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
Ly

Clarify with your lovely friend if it's Butte La Rose (near Baton Rouge) or Boutte (nearer New Orleans) she is talking about...or if there is another Butte I don't know about.

Butte La Rose is ~ 2 hours from me

Boutte is 30 minutes from me.

I'll drive to either but I'm just wondering which it is.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
I looked on mapquest and I am positive that it's Boutte. She said she get's off I310 and gets on 90 and that is where Boutte is. The other place looks like it's off in the boonies. Karen said it's just west of Nawlins'.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
I just looked at the map too and the 310 to 90 route is going to Boutte. Wow...practically door to door service! This is so exciting.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
I thought you went to bed. Just think, in less than 2 weeks, she will be there with you!!!

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
Baby Elly aka Lil' Ly Elly MEGABEAST will be on her way to VJ in New Orleans at about 8 a.m. tomorrow morning. I wish her a safe trip.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
On the road again...I just can't wait to get on the road again...

YAY! So happy. I will be bringing the digital camera to take some movies of the transfer to me. Ly can't come down with her...maybe another time.

Boy, I have to get Lil' Ly's cage ready.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
Yep, you have tonight and most of tomorrow to do that. I still have to get Lil' Ly ready. I have to wash down the carrier since it's been sitting out on my parents porch for a while and give Lil' Ly a good bath too. She has a very dirty little bum and she is stinky too.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
Dang, I am crying now. Karen's son left about 10 minutes ago with Lil' Ly. I am gonna miss her. They are leaving around 8 a.m. tomorrow morning. Let me know if you got my message about their vehicle description.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
Ly
I don't see any messeges from you either here or on Yahoo. I meant to give you my car description too. It's probably too late but I have a dark green minivan (Ford Arrowstar) with a bumper sticker in the back window that reads "Cover me I'm changing lanes". I'll be hard to miss 'cause I'll be the one waving the cat carrier and jumping up and down.

PM or IM the car description to me again.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
Ok, I sent you a pm with the info.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
I just got a call from Randall and Kathy. They have just crossed the Louisiana border with Baby Elly. They should be here in about 1.5 hours.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
Baby Elly/Lil Ly/ Megabeast (when my hubby is around) is home.

She seemed to take the trip well. She is in her partitioned off part of my girl's cage (Quarentine was done at Ly's home). She is a little scared and shy at the moment but there is so much new stuff.

She did check out her portion of the cage and both Daisy and Dilly came to say hi through the bars. Daisy seems thrilled to see Lil Ly and was running back and forth popcorning and trying to get through the barrier. Dilly was a little more reserved and did her meaninless rumblestrutt that she does whenever anyone comes near her but showed no aggresion.

I'll be keeping a close eye on all of them and hopefully they can be introduced by the weekend.

I'm happy and relieved that she made it okay and is finally here. This has been a long road (figuratively and literally). I will get some pictures up as soon as I can.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
The girls have all had evening veggies. Lil Ly hid at first but after hearing Daisy and Dilly's crunching she came out and made a pig out of herself. BOY, can that little pig put away veggies!

She is now running around and popcorning like crazy. She keeps jumping up on top of the pigloo and then bouncing down. She is exploring every inch she has.

Daisy has worn herself out trying to break Lil Ly out. She spent a good 15-20 minutes chewing, pushing and pulling on the bars. It is obvious that Daisy can't wait to have a new friend.

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
Aw that is great. I am so glad that you got her. I bet she is happy.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
I am at mom and dads right now, but I am so happy that Lil' Ly made it safely there. It sounds like Daisy wants to play with her so bad. I can't wait to see the pics. Did she seem like she made the trip ok?

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
She made the trip fine. She munched on veggies on the trip to my house and has been settling in fine.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
Yay!!! I am so happy that you and your daughter love her.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.