Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General My Guinea Pigs Poop Is Connected!!

TheCavyShack

Cavy Gazer
Hi! I have 5 guinea pigs and have lots of experience but have never seen something like this before. It almost seems as they're two poops connected in the middle. I'm worried since he's only a baby and he seems perfectly normal to me. Help? Tips? Advice? I'll take any help.

Attachments

image.jpg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
How much of a baby?

If he's trying new foods, that would affect the size/shape of the poops. And if he's a very new baby, his digestive tract could just be a bit immature.

Keep an eye on him, and weigh him daily, same time of day, preferably before breakfast, to make sure he's gaining weight.

TheCavyShack

Cavy Gazer
How much of a baby?

If he's trying new foods, that would affect the size/shape of the poops. And if he's a very new baby, his digestive tract could just be a bit immature.

Keep an eye on him, and weigh him daily, same time of day, preferably before breakfast, to make sure he's gaining weight.

He's about 8 weeks so I mean still pretty young and yes he wasn't on a alfalfa pellet when I got him so I just put him on one to help him get some more nutrition since he's a baby. Thank you for replying. I'll weight him daily and just watch to make sure he's okay👍

VBaamonde

Cavy Slave
I don't have much advice to offer, but one of my pigs has poop like that every so often. I haven't changed his diet at all- he's 4- and once in a while that will happen every few days. I don't know what causes it but he's never had any complications.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If he's on new pellets, I'd bet that's the cause, and that the problem will clear up in a few days.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.