Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

My guinea pig is due any time now.... will I know?

I found they have them when your at work or have given up!! LOL
I swore mine was never going to give birth and then after being home on vacation from my school job, the day we went back, she had them!!!!

She's still pregnant... And we were gone all day! She seems more comfortable when I'm in the room with her... At a distance. She's grooming herself a lot, and was digging at a messy corner in her bedding. I lasted fresh bedding, she ran right to it to sit on. Still waiting :)less anxious about it today also.

Hope that all goes well!

My guinea pig is due any time now.... will I know?look what I woke up to this morning! So happy! Only one, but still happy!

The baby gp is soo adorable!! Is it a boy or girl?

I believe it's a boy, I'm letting then bond before I look again :)

Since she had just one, I'm going to have to find one more so they all have cage mates. Unfortunately there are no rescues near here, and the breeders at the flea market are irresponsible and have tanks and cages full of mixed genders. Two weeks ago, I was picking all the babies up in one and sexing them.... The woman did they were all males, and to no surprise to me one was a female. I should have got her just to save her :(

Unfortunately you wouldn't have been saving her. By buying her you'd just be saying to them keep doing what your doing. You buy her another would just replace her and the cycle would continue. The same if you would buy one from a pet store. I know it may seem like it but its not sorry to say :(.

I think local Craigslist had some listings for guinea re-homeing. I'll check it out, make sure it's not breeders selling babies.

The baby is so super adorable :) I am so glad both are healthy and happy!! Good luck finding another piggy to give your girl a friend too :) I think the white guineas are adorable, it makes me sad that people passed them up for fear of lethals, all you have to do is been informed to know the difference, but at least you found them!!! AND saved them from a fire!!! Props on that one you are very brave, I would have tried to do the same for my boys but they are no where near the door idk what i'd have done, sorry for your other losses though :(

What a little beauty. Looks like my Gizmo. Love the big ears and feet that he will eventually grow into. Enjoy him as he grows up - they are so fantastic to watch and are so curious. For floor time, I have grids setup to block out furniture and cords. Of course the babies just walk right through the grids but because they are dependent on mom, they never stray too far. All she has to do is make a noise and they come running.

My guinea pig is due any time now.... will I know?Princess and Castiel

Oh, last night when I went to bed, she was chattering a lot, beat up the daddy for going in her Pigloo during their last play time together. She never groaned our squealed either. In the middle of the night we heard her chattering her butt off, then it was double the chittering all morning. Didn't occur to us it was because there was a baby! Guess to show no two labors and births are the same!

Oh, last night when I went to bed, she was chattering a lot, beat up the daddy for going in her Pigloo during their last play time together.

Wait, last night? The male and female had physical interaction/play time last night???

Wait, last night? The male and female had physical interaction/play time last night???

It was apparently before the baby was actually born, so it isn't a disaster even though it definitely shouldn't have happened. Males and females should never ever be put together, for any amount of time, unless one of them is fixed or under 3 weeks old! The baby needs to be separated when he turns 3 weeks old if it's a boy, and the mother should never come into contact with the father.

maybe they got the male fixed and forgot to mention it?

It was fully supervised, before she delivered for a short period of time. Play time is over. My initial post explains the disaster that led to their brief time together, they are apart for good, and the baby will be put with daddy in 3 weeks from today. I'm looking for a female to adopt for mommy... No more babies!

I think they were just worried because a female can get pregnant again right after birth. And back to back pregnancies are very dangerous.

I won't allow her to have another pregnancy. I truly understand the concern though. I've learned a ton in the past month as a first time owner.

Congratulations, the baby is super cute!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.