Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Ivermectin major shedding?

leopardjunkie

Cavy Slave
We just did our 2nd dose of ivermectin on 09/10 and this week I have noticed some MAJOR shedding that was not there before. did anyone else experience this after ivermectin?

To put this in comparison I have two 80 pd white american bulldogs and when I brush them if I am wearing black and brush bloth of them I have a similar amount of hair after petting lilly. Her coat is super fluffy right now and does not look like she is loosing hair...but her whole cage is just covered with hair even with regular cleaning, and after pettin I am cover with hair. I brushed her a little to get all the loose hairs and got more. She seems fine and is eating drinking etc. and is actually much nicer!! I just can"t belive the amount of hair that has been shed!!!

I've never noticed a difference in hair loss after using ivermectin. It could be from the mites, you might want to do a third dose. How far apart were your doses?

Some people have noticed a seasonal hair loss in guinea pigs (even though they are indoor animals). Perhaps this is what's happening.

The doses were 7 days apart so we should be fine and it very well could be seasonal as it did change weather wise in the last week or so!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.