Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Lush

aqh88

Cavy Slave
Thought people on this forum might be interested in this company if you haven't heard of it. They make various shampoos and cosmetics and only buy ingredients from companies that do not do animal testing. Not just ingredients that aren't tested on animals but refuse to buy from a company if they test anything on animals even if it's something Lush isn't buying from them. They also use only fair trade cocoa butter and all the ingredients on the products I looked at were marked as natural/organic or safe synthetic.

(broken link removed)

I ordered a couple shampoo bars (yes bar not liquid) and a few other things to try.

I like buying hair and skin products from places like Wholefoods store and that are not tested on animals. I don't know who came up with the name Lush. It kind of makes you think that your hair is going to smell like cheap booze when you come out a shower. It kind of sounds like a funny Saturday Night Live commercial skit.

I Love Lush, I work in a mall and they are just next to me!
Greatest thing ever!

I use Lush for everything! I have really sensitive skin and all the chemicals in other products would make me itch and come in red blotches.

I now use the Shampoo Bar(Karma Komba), Solid Conditioner, Happy Hippy, Angels on Bare Skin, Tea Tree Toner, Imperialis, Marilyn...and the deoderant I always forget the name of it lol!

I think I single handedly keep the online shop in business in Australia :D

But yeah, I highly recommend their products, they work so good and most of them smell amazing.

Oh my goodness did you know up until this point I never knew there was a store so close by...man I feel like an ignorant git right now. Anyway on a better note I'm off to buy bath and shower goodies tomorrow lol. I've been looking everywhere for decent soap, shampoo and conditioner that doesn't irritate since I have alot of trouble with my skin and scalp, and my daughter suffers from excema.

Lush is one of my favourite stores - I just can't pass one without buying something! I especially love their bubble bar slices mmmmmmm

Thank you aqh88 for the link. I loved the web site and will go and see the store downtown :)

Y'all are such a bad influence on me. ;) I just bought some henna hair dye, shampoo, a face mask, and skin cream. I have a horrible weakness for bath products, and my hair was looking kind of mousy with way too many grays showing through.

I generally hate all things girly, but I have a similar weakness for bath products. :( I have a lot of Lush stuff for this reason.

My order arrived yesterday and of course I jumped in the shower to try it. lol This stuff is great. Instead of glopping on tons of liquid shampoo or conditioner to get anywhere with my hair it took just a few swipes of ultrashine shampoo bar and jungle solid conditioner. The bars don't even look like I used them. My hair though came out soft and nearly tangle free. Which is impressive cause normally I get so tired of trying to untangle it I just rip the comb through the last bits and let some of it get pulled out. Even a day later my hair looks like I just got done with a shower instead of how it usually starts to look greasy in 12hrs and I combed it with no real difficulties.

So I ran the numbers like I always do to compare cost. A shampoo bar according to the lush forum lasts 50-80 uses. So 7-11weeks at ~$10 a bar. I was spending $8 minimum (some types are $15/bottle) on pantene and a bottle lasted about 6-8weeks. The face cleanser I got also seems like it's going to last awhile. 3 uses later including using some on the rest of my body while showering I can now close the lid properly instead of it being shoved up in the middle from the amount of cleanser stuffed into the container. Despite the fact I dropped $60 on lush it comes out the same or cheaper. Provided I have enough self control to use up one item before buying another to try. :D

Friends of my husband's get free samples from LUSH all the time, and pass them along to me fairly often. I don't like to go in their stores because it's just about overpowering. Their products last for seemingly ever, though! (except I ran out of sonic death monkey shower gel, but moved on to another flavor!)

Oh... I learned the hard way -- don't use the Honey I Washed the Kids soap before a picnic or outdoorsy type thing that may involve flies.

Lush recently opened up a store here, and I'm now hooked. I use Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo and switch between American Cream and Jungle conditioners. I've seen a noticable improvement in my hair (shinier, easier to manage) since I started using them.

gooberific - thanks for the warning! :) I bought Honey I Washed the Kids, but haven't used it yet (I'm using up another bar of soap first).

On the bright side, it really drew the flies so my parents could get rid of quite a lot of them before my wedding...

I LOVE American Cream. The first time I smelled it, it reminded me so much of my best friend that I had to have it, and I was not disappointed with how well it worked. It was wonderful when I was bleaching my hair a lot (I'm one of those weird girls who dyes her hair 15 different colors of the rainbow on a whim).

I also like their coconut conditioner bar.

They also have/had a chocolate lotion solid. I can't recall the name of it off the top of my head. Our friends put a big glob of it in a small plastic container for me to try. My hubby took it out of the bag when we got to our next travel destination and thought it was a bodily sample I was supposed to take to the doctor!! THAT is a little hard to get over, but it's still wonderful on rough hands. :)

My Lush order came today. This stuff smells wonderful! So far I've only used the Dream Cream body lotion, and it's great. :) It was so hot that I had to put my hair dye in the fridge to resolidify before I can use it probably tomorrow or the next day.

Yay, enjoy it!

Hope this thread isn't too old to post... Just wanted to mention that I visited a Lush store in Woodfield Mall in the Chicago area. When I told the girls working in the shop that I learned of their products on a guinea pig forum, one girl almost started tearing up and said, "Guinea pigs?! I have four at home! They're my babies!" We had a long conversation about our "babies" and she and the other girls there gave me the greatest customer service. It was a great experience. I referred her to this forum, and I hope to run across her here!

I went to a Lush store in Miami today. I got the big calm soap jelly, karma shampoo bar, and potion body cream. It was kind of annoying to shop, because the sales girl kept bugging me every two seconds. Has anybody ever tried the hair coloring bars? I was wondering how good they work.
There is a girl on youtube that talks about their products, its kind of funny.
YouTube - LUSH Cosmetics!!

Ok now I've caught the Lush bug. The nearest store to me is in a horrible mall so I ordered on line. I got the Trichomania bar soap and a tin. Knowing my kids, they'd think it's a new kind of soap and it would be gone in no time.

They seem to have a slow shipping time, so I might have to wait a bit. Has anyone ever tried the Trichomania soap?

I go to Lush on occaision, most recent product I used was a face mask of theirs. I like to go in and 'browse' while sampling all the creams and smelling everything. Mmm.

Lush is amazing - I actually only started shopping there a couple of months ago. Their face products are amazing, Herbalisim has worked wonders for me.

I have a small stash already of bath bombs, melts, shower jellies and face masks. If you're a chocolate fan the Cupcake mask will seriously blow you away, I wanted to lick it off my face while it was on.

ETA: The only downfall to the place is that it is expensive. Don't get me wrong I do think that it's worth it because for me it's really helped with my skin etc - but it's still a lot of money for such small products.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.