Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Lovely cages/breeder in bay area

Bdmellohead

Cavy Slave
I found this on craigslist. I am very upset by these photos. This woman is in the bay area and I just wanted to make you aware of her since she so kindly posted her name and number. I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong area.

(broken link removed)

That's awful, and in some of those cages there are two or three pigs :weepy: it makes me sad.

And having looked at it again in a bit of detail the woman is using c&c cages, but 2x1...

That's horrible... I can't believe that people can treat those amazing little animals like that...

Those poor piggies. ;_;
Those cages look so dirty and small.
She should be reported to a animal rescue organization.

She re-posted again *Big Sigh*

(broken link removed)

Oh my, that is horrible!!
How could anyone treat an animal in a way they would never want to be treated? :mad:

She should be reported to a animal rescue organization.

Please don't do me any favors! :sick:

I guess I just assume that people know me too well.

I AM the rescue in the Bay Area. So, I was being facetious. I could also have said, "Please, don't report her to me! There's nothing I'm going to do about about it, unfortunately." Of course, if one had said, report her to ACC (Animal Care and Control) which is usually associated with a local shelter, I probably would have said, she's doing nothing wrong and you'd be pretty much wasting tax-payer dollars.

The cages look clean, from the photo, the animals look relatively healthy. It's not a bad looking situation, considering plenty of others I've seen. There are no laws limiting the number of rodents in a home. She isn't doing anything illegal. ACC wouldn't do anything either.

And honestly, technically, I don't think she was breaking the TOS of CL, but she was certainly breaking the spirit of it. I think she posted the cages for sale in order for people to see that she was a breeder if someone was searching for guinea pigs. Hopefully, CL will see that too, and pull her ads anyway. They aren't stupid.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.