Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Looking To Adopt Skinny Pigs In Fredericton, NB (Where Are All The Rescues?)

1928jb

Cavy Slave
Hi,

I have been searching high and low to find a rescue in New Brunswick, Canada. If there are so many guinea pigs needing adoption, where are they? I would like to adopt a Skinny Pig or two. I know I can go to the pet store and buy one, but that just promotes the pet stores and their practices. If I can give a home to a piggy or two, than that is one or two less looking for a home. Presently we have two females and a male (housed separately) I would like to add a male so Oliver will have a companion. I don't want him to be alone.

Does anyone know where I can get two Hairless Skinny Pigs in New Brunswick?

Thanks

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
Hi go_ellie, I don't have any skinny pigs. My three are all short hair. I am looking for a skinny pig or two to adopt.

Thanks.

You don't see them very often at rescues and shelters but they do occasionally come up. If you're patient, you should eventually be able to find one but it will probably take awhile. Watch Petfinder and Craigslist. I saw one for free on Craigslist in IL and some at a shelter in MI a while back. I looked for a teddy or teddy mix and it took me about a year and 4 months to find one and she was worth it. I would never resort to buying from a pet store or breeder. Good luck.

I have found them on Craigslist in the past.

You can also try talking to breeders. Sometimes they know of an adult who needs a new home because their family can't keep it.

here is a skinny for adoption in Moncton..

(broken link removed)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.