Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

looking for a home in OK area

willy5

Cavy Slave
I have 2 piggies i have to get rid of.. is there anyone in the OK area??

Why do you have to 'get rid' of them?

And why do you have to put it like that? They're living breathing animals.

Put them for adoption on www.petfinder.com in the classified section.
And (broken link removed)
Some people just use that term, even my parents do, I may not agree with it but thats just what some people say. Basically Willy5 has to give them up (find a good home for them), is what he/she means, lets not lecture him/her about how it was worded.

I hope you find good homes for them Willy5!! Good luck!

I'm sorry if I worded it wrong or offended anyone.. I didnt mean it that way.. I love my Piggies but just moved to a new house and alot is going on here and having some problems and I dont feel I am giving them what they so desperatly need and want right now and just thought if I could find them a good home with someone who was looking for 2 great Piggies.. We both could be winners!! Once again.. I'm very sorry for how I worded my request.... thanks!!

It's ok, I'm sure you want the best for them.

Post on petfinder, cavyrescue.com, and there should be some humane societies in your area as well. Hope that they find a great home soon!

Where do you live in Oklahoma? How far are you willing to travel? How many pigs do you have? Male or female?

I live in Lawton/ Ft. Sill OK.. I have 2 female piggies.....

willy5 said:
I live in Lawton/ Ft. Sill OK.. I have 2 female piggies.....
Ok. I have a male and I am looking for another male. I will ask around to some people I know in that area to see if anyone is interested. Have you thought about seeing if a local school or childerns home (*Gasp* I know some of you dissagree with this sort of living environment, but they are not all bad)?

They're not all bad, eh? Ok then. What about weekends, nights, etc.? How will they be cared for then?

Sorry, I don't really want to start an argument, I just feel strongly about this.

mncavylover said:
They're not all bad, eh? Ok then. What about weekends, nights, etc.? How will they be cared for then?

Sorry, I don't really want to start an argument, I just feel strongly about this.
I know that some of you do and I am not trying to start and argument, but rather trying to find a home for her piggys.

If it were a school, I know of several teachers int he schools I have worked in that take their pigs home on the weekends, and theya re very well loved and very happy.

As for if they are in a childrens home they are never alone, the children and some adults are always there and it would be a wonderful chance for children with out a home to have a pet and learn how to properly take care of animals. Why always look at the bad side of things, there could be some good in there also.

I agree that it's better than some things, but it's not the greatest.

No, piggies need attention and proper care, i don't think a school or childrens home is the best place, they probably dont know how to care properly for gps. The children
could neglect them possibly and the loud noise in a children's home or school can probably be stressful for the piggies.

but it wasnt a bad suggestion and it might work. I dont know all the pros and cons.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.