Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Lixit Critter Hollow

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
I am looking to purchase 3-4 of the Lixit Critter Hollow hidey's in green. I ordered some from Drs. Foster & Smith a while back, but I got all pink ones. I know my boys don't care if they have pink houses, but I do, so I have the pink ones to the girls. I love these houses, but I called Drs. Foster & Smith customer service and they said I could not make a special request for the green ones. They are back ordered on the guinea pig market. Does anyone know of another place to purchase these?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I didn't think you could specify a color. My understanding was that they ship whatever they want. If I could get all pink ones, I'd order some, but like you, I don't want the green.

If you google it, there are several places that sell it, but most of them are out of stock.

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
On guineapigmarket.com you can choose the color, but they are back ordered. I did a live chat with a CSR on Drs. Foster and Smith's website, and he told me that if I wanted green, I could call and place my order, and they would make a note on the order to pull green ones if available. But when I made the call the lady said she couldn't do that. Anyhow, you'll probably get pink ones for your girls if you do order. I ordered three and they are all pink. :sad: My girls love them though.

LoveMyPigs25

Cavy Slave
I have ordered the critter hollows 3 times from dr fosters smith.
even though they don't "guarantee" your color choice they put in a request.
My color request was honored each time.
sometimes I've requested green and sometimes pink and they shipped my choice correctly.

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
How did you go about making your request? They have always had very good customer service otherwise, so I was kind of surprised when I was told I could not make the request.

LoveMyPigs25

Cavy Slave
What I did was place the order online then immediately call customer service and ask them to put the special request on the order

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Those are cool, with the openings on both ends. I'll have to put them on my wish list!

pigger123

Cavy Slave
I got one of those and my pigs wouldn't stop eating the plastic! I had to take it out their cage because they would constantly just sit there and chew on it. Obviously that doesn't happen with everyone, but just putting that out there.

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
Fortunately I don't have chewers now, but I certainly have in the past. One of mine ate a hole in a pigloo.

CaylorCavies

Cavy Slave
I love the critter hollows. I wasn't able to put in a request for what color I wanted and I ended up with one pink and one green. I would have preferred two green, but it is what it is. Right now I only needed one, so the pink one is put away till later. If it bothers me, I might make a cover for the pink one. lol.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.