Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Linoleum

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
How long does Linoleum last? I've read it isn't as good as it doesn't last as long. Also how do you prevent them from chewing it? I'm not sure what to get for the bottom of the cages :eek:(

candi

Cavy Slave
I was going to get lino for my cage, but all the places I looked it was a bit on the expensive side. So I made my base from cardboard boxes which make the shape of the base and then lined that with a thick shower curtain which cost me £5. That seems to be working so far for me, they don't chew it and if it gets worn it can easily be replaced.

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
I think I might use your idea!

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer
Would a wood base covered in some type of water proof clothe or something work?

Myspoiltpiggies

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure what to use now.. my dad says he knows a signs company nearby so they may have some Correx. I really want to use grids too though.. but £19.99 is such a lot of money for me... with the amount of guinea pigs I have.

CaviesRDABest
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
I can't get Correx at all so I used lino. When there were signs they were starting to chew it, I sandwiched it between the outer grid and an inner one so they cannot reach it. It's working perfectly, now.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
I don't like using lino anymore - I was unable to make a box out of it, so poops fall out the sides of the cage. In the summer, I'm going to use correx to make a proper cage

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.