Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions Lilli and Pippa - Going better but..

leopardjunkie

Cavy Slave
ok so I gave them a buddy bath and they are doing much better with getting along. They almost have it down. they are still rumble strutting some and have some non violent turf wars and a HEY I AM EATING here snaps...but much better. I have even been able to have some lap time with out them snaping at each other.

So At what point can I open up the rest of the cage with the best results?

I had the kitchen area, and lower (basement area) of their cage closed due to them trapping each other in the 1 tunnel for the kitchen. So they are in the 10 sq foot open space with the other areas blocked off.

how long should I wait to open up the forbidden areas. will opening them up cause intro issues again. I added a 2nd tunnel to the kitchen area. And am working on the ramp. Until I can make an external ramp to the lower level I think I am going to make a split entrance to the ramp so I can not be blocked?

Maybe if it's all going well you could try opening up those areas when you're going to be home for the day to keep a close eye on things. Hopefully they will be distracted enough by exploring that they'll forget about picking on each other. I'd be pretty cautious and treat it kind of like an introduction.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.