Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play Lettuce war - video

SeeSpotSit

Cavy Slave
Here is a cute short video of the boys "fighting" over a piece of lettuce.

[video=youtube_share;1J2SpxtMa8U]

Haha!

It's one of those things that's sad and funny at the same time. My pigs also do this when they get down to the last pieces. Poor babies! :p

Adorable...funny how they always want the same piece even when there's one sitting there untouched.

Completely adorable! Are those the large romaine leaves? I have wondered about buying it instead of it chopped up in a bag for double the price.

Are those the large romaine leaves?

They are the inside pieces of a green leaf head of lettuce. I don't give romaine because they already have white pee in spots and I don't want more calcium deposits.

I do love how Fatty finally throws it and is like - oh hey, here's another piece (and it's bigger!).

I never heard of a green leaf head of lettuce....or maybe I always assumed the popular head of lettuce was considered iceberg.

I never heard of a green leaf head of lettuce....or maybe I always assumed the popular head of lettuce was considered iceberg.

Nope, it's not iceberg. There is red and green lettuce, I go back and forth between the two as their staple lettuce each day :) Their true love is cilantro to be honest though!

haha cilantro is my piggy's true love as well. You know, I had no idea what 90% of vegetables were until I got pigs. It's sad.

A lot of people who are not concerned with their diet use iceburg lettuce, so in some areas( a lot of southerners it seems) that's what people are referring to when speaking of lettuce. Iceburg should never be fed to guineas. You should be able to find green and red leaf lettuces in your grocery store quite easily. I've lived all over the place, Arizona, Idaho, Oregon, Washington...Green/red leaf is everywhere.

Just got back from Kroger and found the red and green leaf lettuce in a huge bag. I have no idea how I never noticed it before! It was only 1.78. That is half the price of what I pay for green leaf lettuce chopped up in a salad size bag. Gosh LOL

I always cut up my veggies in smaller pieces and spread them around the cage so they don't fight. I don't like seeing them have to compete for their food.

Aww, poor little pigs! :rolleyes:

I do the same as pinky. I always tear up the lettuce and chop all the veg. Then I put it in a big pile on a paper plate and watch them go!

haha I love it when piggies eat like you don't feed them!! lol

Nope, it's not iceberg. There is red and green lettuce, I go back and forth between the two as their staple lettuce each day :) Their true love is cilantro to be honest though!
Me 2, but I give some of both everyday, and cilantro. They can not get enough.

I also usually break everything up too or hand feed them piece by piece to be sure they get a fair amount...this was a weird instance when I put a couple bigger pieces in there (but there were also different veggies on the other side of the cage). They also get their veggies spread over 2 or 3 meals a day so there is no need for real fighting :) These two will munch the same one piece of hay Lady and the Tramp style...despite a huge hay rack steps away!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.