Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Size Layouts for 4 females?

erenton

Cavy Slave
We originally had two pigs in an alternative C&C, approximately a 2X4 sixe. After Sophie's cagemate died, we adopted three girls from a shelter. Currently, we have two in the original cage, and two in a 2x4 c&C cage. I would like to be able to put them all together, but am not entirely sure how to do this. Could i stack two 2x4 cages with ramps, or should i do a 3x4 with an L loft? Spacing in the room would make the 2x4 more practical, but if its much better for the girls, I think I can make a 3x4 work.

lissie

Cavy Slave
A 2x4 is too small for 4 pigs since levels don't count towards square footage. A 3x4 will be better.

erenton

Cavy Slave
Would it still not count if it had three levels and two were 2x4? I'm only asking because of some of the pics I've seen.

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Most levels do not count.
Also with a ramp for connecting each of the levels it would take away even more running space.

Edit: I would the 3x4 with an L loft

Last edited:

erenton

Cavy Slave
Thanks for your help. I think I'm going to try to see if I can get the 3x4 to fit in the room. There's a couple of obstacles, plus a heater I need to be aware of. But after thinking about the pros and cons of the two different layouts (a 2x4 would be easier to separate if they don't get along, but a 3x4 gives more space as a group). Plus, a three level cage would be too tall for me to clean if I put it on the table I've been using for the exisitng cage. So I need to rethink the whole thing anyway.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.