Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Other Introducing....CHARLIE!

nismosmama

Cavy Slave
Well, the new addition to the household has arrived. I decided to adopt my sister's chinchilla Charlie, because I just felt it was time and he really needed a good decent home. She's moved around a lot, and Charlie ended up in the care of my mom, who doesn't have time for him, and he end up alone at the house, sometimes people forgetting to feed him for a couple days. So I set up a chin-napping and now he's here. So here he is, my new baby, Charlie boy the chinchilla :D

Charlie getting acquainted with his new home that I built him:

Getting a well deserved chinchilla dust bath

I love this picture, he was rolling around in circles

nismosmama

Cavy Slave
continued...

This is the house I built him:

And here is what my Hamster, guinea pig, rabbit, and chinchilla condo looks like now

Charlie is still getting accustomed to his new home, he is doing his best to tear it up :crazy:, this morning I found the hidey house at the top upside down on the other side of the cage, I found some of the wood panels on their side, one level fallen, he was busy last night. Today I am going to try to anchor down all the stuff he managed to get loose.

PixieStix

Cavy Slave
Charlie's adorable. I love the dust bath picture.

MoeJoe

Cavy Slave
What a cutie. :)

ginger12508

Cavy Slave
He's adorable! Nice cage too. It's cool how you make the rabbit, guinea pig, and chinchilla cages all in one. Good job!

CherryCake

Cavy Slave
He is a li'l cutie! I love chins.

nismosmama

Cavy Slave
He's adorable! Nice cage too. It's cool how you make the rabbit, guinea pig, and chinchilla cages all in one. Good job!

Thanks! Yea, I live in a 600 sq. ft. apartment with 5 furballs (1 hamster, 2 guinea pigs, 1 large rabbit, and now the chin), hehe, I have to make use of my space as best as I possibly can!

DIGGYDI

Cavy Slave
Congratulations on a successful chin-napping. It sounds like Charlie is in good hands. Question though, I've noticed the hamster bin. I've just adopted a hamster. He is a cutie, smart, and an excellent escape artist. I have a similar bin. He has chewed his own hole in the top. The 10 gallon acquarium tank is too small, he's smart enought to get out of it. What are all of the items you put in the bin, maybe he got bored and needs more play items. Should I get a wire cage and put wire mesh on the outside to keep him in. I love the little guy. I took him in because he was going to be killed otherwise. HELP!

Biscuit

Cavy Slave
Extremely cute chin. :) However, I would not house a chinchilla that close to a rabbit. Rabbits carry uh..pasturella(sp)? In general they shouldn't be in the same room as chinchillas. I can site this on several reputable sites if you'd like.

Also, chins are a lot more...rowdy than guinea pigs and can knock over shelves that are not tightly secured with bolts and such. They also chew everything in sight, and get impacted on very little plastic. Generally it is advised not to have any plastic in the cage. Hope this helps!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.