Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I'm so confused now!

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
I'll be honest, I saw the word administration and assumed it was only for, well, administrators of the forum. I only realized I could go here by accident. Now I'm reading all these posts about rules and rankings and all kinda of things that I never even knew existed and some are so old and I feel so overwhelmed and confused. Half these "options" don't even show up for me because I'm rarely on a real computer and I can't imagine how many rules I've broken at this point. Can you point out where to start, or what still applies. I feel very lost. :(

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
What are you confused about?

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
Well, I was reading about voting for responses based on helpfulness and tact. That isn't even a choice on my apps. Would I know if I said or did something I shouldn't? Or will I only see those things if I'm on the laptop? Is that even something that's still done because the post looked to be dated 2009. I don't know how to see stats. I didn't know about the membership names or that you could donate for them. I do try to read through older posts and I thought I followed all the recommend introductions but now I feel like I must have missed a lot. I guess I'll have to devote a day to sitting on the actual laptop and trying to learn what everything is and how to navigate the forum better. It's a lot of information, which is amazing, but also overwhelming!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
The forum has changed some in the last few years, and some of the buttons are no longer available, while others are new. I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about it.

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
Will someone tell me if I do something wrong?

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Don't worry, I'm sure you've picked up here and there, what is okay and what isn't. If you do something you shouldn't, you will most likely get a PM or response within a thread from admin or a mod letting you know what you did. In most cases, unless the infraction was super heinous, the PM or thread response serves as a gentle reminder so you know not to do it again. .

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
Ok good. I know when I first got here I didn't know about avatar pic rules and so you guys pm'd. I just wasn't sure if you did the same for all the rules or not. I'm sorry, I guess I was just so surprised to "find" this whole new section so then I was worried. Maybe I need to up my Meds...lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.