Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fighting Im desparate for answers for my girls fighting!

You know as well as I do that you went way beyond defending yourself. I saw your post before it was edited, as I felt bad for you and Silver and was following the thread in the hope that someone would be able to offer you a viable solution, and it was (and still is) unreasonable. While you do have a right to defend yourself, you described your situation on a public forum and requested suggestions. If you feel that you did not describe your situation accurately, you have only yourself to blame. If you do not like the suggestions offered, you don't have to take them on board. Flaming people who try to help you (myself included), however, is not appreciated.

I was flamed to but thats fine. The mods are always right anyway. Didnt I say this is over?

No problem. We all have our ups and downs :)
Wish that all pigs got along, but sometimes they dont.

In addition to what has been said, how exactly have you been introducing your pigs? Do you bathe them, have you done neutral territory, do you put them in the cage at the same time, after it has been thoroughly cleaned and de-scented?
Multiple introductions is definitely a stress factor but I feel like there is something we're missing here.

Not to throw heat on this fire...

But, I just wanted to say that I recently had to introduce two new pigs to each other and I followed the advice I found here and I will say that aside from the occasional humping everything went swimmingly. Much better than a previous attempt I made a LONG time ago (in my dummy days).

Even if you disagree with the approach these people here have...the next time you introduce new pigs, Please try to follow their advice, for the sake of your piggies!!

Last edited:
amani- Like others are saying, you posted your original thread looking for advice on handling a problem with your girls. I have been lucky that my 2 girls definitely have occasional outbursts with eachother, but have never actually fought. I hope there is a solution found so that your piggies can live peacefully and happily.
That being said, when you post questions or statements here realize that you are going to get honest answers... some of which you may not like. Everyone here gets a post they don't like on occasion. And there are lots of people who know more about the needs and plight of the guinea pig than you do. This site is dedicated to the care and needs of guinea pigs... not the care and needs of their owners feelings or egos. So, if it is your guinea pigs you are concerned about, I hope you will learn and use as much as possible from this forum. The things you don't agree with or want to use, ignore. It's really that simple. There's not any justification for typing an attack at someone for posting their honest and informed feelings about a situation you asked for feedback on.

Last edited:
In addition to what has been said, how exactly have you been introducing your pigs? Do you bathe them, have you done neutral territory, do you put them in the cage at the same time, after it has been thoroughly cleaned and de-scented?
Multiple introductions is definitely a stress factor but I feel like there is something we're missing here.

When I got her home, she was in my left over store cage, next to Silver for the night because I was exhausted from the 4 hour trip to get her. The next day, I put them in a neutral area while I totally re-did the cage top to bottom. While they were together, the routine dominance dance started and they were both basically chattering like crazy, more so Silver. After I cleaned the cage, I put them both together and things got very bad. Heidi stopped caring much about Sil but Sil attacked her head on until they were fighting in a rolling ball around the cage. I threw a blanket over them to separate them. I split the cage down the middle with grids after that and Sil continues to chatter when Heidi gets near the grids. Heidi doesn't really do anything. I opened the cage up again the next day to see what would happen and the same thing. They are now split by grids again. Silver would tear her apart if I let her so thats the way it is now.

How long did you leave in the nuetral area together?

Thats what I did with my pigs, and they still dont get along enough to be together in the same cage. Sometimes at floor-time they ignore eachother...so thats good... i guess.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.