Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

If I Spay My Rabbit...

pennykit&amanda

Cavy Slave
will she get better at using the litter box?

I have a one year old female rabbit that only pees in her litter box, and poops everywhere else. So I'm wondering if spaying her will get her to do all her business in it. I know all the other benefits of spaying her, and I hope I can do it soon, but money is an issue at the moment.

Also, does anyone know (on average) how much it will cost to spay her?

Jennicat

Cavy Slave
It should help to some degree, although there are some rabbits that continue to leave stray poos around.

Spaying really varies wildly between areas, I've seen as low as $50 if the local shelter has a vet on duty to as high as $350 for a specialty exotics clinic.

Foster Teen

Cavy Slave
yes it will help with her litter box habits plus 90% of unspayed female rabbits WILL have uterine and/or ovarian cancer by there 4th birthday so it is VERY important that you get her spayed!

cavycrazy16

Cavy Slave
When I got my bunny spayed it was $35 for an specialty exotics clinic.

Silverbeat

Cavy Slave
Foster Teen, where did you get that statistic?

Spaying is a huge benefit to your rabbit, it will quell her raging hormones, it may help with litterbox training but don't count on it.. but most of all it will prevent most common health complications in the future.
When I had my female bun spayed it cost under $100 but was covered by my House Rabbit Society chapter, they used money that Petsmart donated to them and a spay voucher. It was December so the vouchers were going to expire. Also, she was technically a foster.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.