Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog I need help!!

Blog entry from old forum

Moofin

Cavy Slave
So i don't know how to create post of forums but i have a question on doxycycline
I noticed that one of my guinea pigs was hooting and coughing sometimes and i took her to the vet i even got an x-ray to make sure it was nothing more serious thank goodness it wasn't
but now ive been hearing my other guinea pig start sneezing i don't have the money to take her to the vet but what i did find was this
https://www.vetmedsforpets.com/catalog/doxycycline-liquid-suspension-p-824.html
I was wondering if i could purchase this and give it to her in the meantime while i save to take her to the vet

please anyone help me thank you

guinea.piggies

Cavy Slave
Hi! I think you should never buy any medicines you find online, as they might be dangerous to your guinea pig. Only give medicine that the vet gives you. There can be several reasons a guinea pig is coughing or sneezing. It could just be allergic to something, for example the dust in hay or bedding. Watch out for more signs of illness that are more serious, and try to get your piggies checked as soon as possible just in case

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.