Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How Much? How many apples?

Guineapigpro

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
How many apple slices can I give my piggie a week? I feel so bad for him- it's like he lives for apples! But of course, health comes first.

I don't give mine apples every week. If you want too, I would say 1-2 small slices per week. Mine maybe will get a fruit treat once every 2 weeks. When they do it something though, I love it!

Thank you Melissa123 !

I don't give mine apples every week. If you want too, I would say 1-2 small slices per week. Mine maybe will get a fruit treat once every 2 weeks. When they do it something though, I love it!

I just realized I fudged up on my last sentence!! lol

It should say, "When they do get something though, they love it!"

If you want it to look more frequent, take that slice and cut it in half and give it twice in a week. I think in terms of sugar levels it would be better to do the same less frequent than the same all at once.

Thanks everyone!

If you want it to look more frequent, take that slice and cut it in half and give it twice in a week. I think in terms of sugar levels it would be better to do the same less frequent than the same all at once.

Why can't they have more apples?

Why can't they have more apples?
Far too much sugar to be fed that often. They can also get mouth sores from acidic foods if given too much.

oh I thought they were supposed to have lots of fruits and veggies everyday :confused:

If you do fruit as a treat once or max twice a week, make it a small piece.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.