Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Homeschooled

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
Yeah. She's waiting till 18 to go to college

Chaylee

Cavy Slave
My cats like to try to lay on the books I'm using and steal my pencils. :) @joys_cavies

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
Lol. My dad's cat does that and gives me a look like "carry on. I'm not bothering you" and if I tap my pencil my kitten comes from nowhere (all black and tiny) and steals it lol

HugglesBubble

Cavy Slave
@animalmadlover that 'correspondence school' sounds like what I did in 8th grade. Only,that's the only thing I did. I would log on, and there'd be a list of objectives, I could do them in any order, as long as I got them done. Once the class work for that specific class was finished, I check marked it. It then got sent to my parents account to be reviewed and sent to the teacher to grade. Once a week I had to call the teachers so that they know I'm still alive and doing the work, also so they know no one else is doing the work for me. If I didn't call every week, my parents account would be locked, and I couldn't do classes. That majorly killed me because a week before school was out, the teachers didn't answer the phone and for a week, it was phone tag.

animalmadlover

Cavy Slave
Our young cat thought that my writing pencil moving on the paper was irrisistable and chewed the end lol

@animalmadlover that 'correspondence school' sounds like what I did in 8th grade. Only,that's the only thing I did. I would log on, and there'd be a list of objectives, I could do them in any order, as long as I got them done. Once the class work for that specific class was finished, I check marked it. It then got sent to my parents account to be reviewed and sent to the teacher to grade. Once a week I had to call the teachers so that they know I'm still alive and doing the work, also so they know no one else is doing the work for me. If I didn't call every week, my parents account would be locked, and I couldn't do classes. That majorly killed me because a week before school was out, the teachers didn't answer the phone and for a week, it was phone tag.

I've played phone tag a couple of times with my english teacher! If I don't send in work within a month, they send a warning letter and then erase you from the role

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
Awww. Our animals drive us crazy but we still love them lol

HugglesBubble

Cavy Slave
I would see why they think online would be easier, no sitting in a classroom,no teachers to sorta annoy you and you're home. Ahaha easy right..yeah.sure. I'm a gamer, so getting distracted by a mob raid..is very easy.
(Especially if I'm the guilds lead tank.)
It takes a lot of will to pay attention and be dedicated x.x

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
Guys I'm a guinea pig. I just ate a strawberry (usally they're to sweet for me and actually do give my mouth sours in real life) and a whole cucumber!

animalmadlover

Cavy Slave
Heh heh yum! What colour guinea pig are you joys_cavies ?
That would be a fun thread to start: if you could be a guinea pig for a day what would you be?

HugglesBubble

Cavy Slave
A pure black guinea pig with blue eyes *-*

Chaylee

Cavy Slave
I personally think homeschool is harder for me, because I don't have a teacher there explaining stuff. I have to teach myself from the books. My mom helps when she can, but it's different than having a teacher there who's job is to help you. I still like homeschool better though.

Chaylee

Cavy Slave
I'm so off topic. Lol.

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
A guinea pig with orangish guinea pig with a white crest

HugglesBubble

Cavy Slave
LOL np. I agree. You have to teach the subjects to yourself, but..it kinda pays off in all reality. You learn to be more independent and figure things out without help, you know?

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
And amethyst looking eyes (somewhere between blue and amethyst or just plain black lol)

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
LOL np. I agree. You have to teach the subjects to yourself, but..it kinda pays off in all reality. You learn to be more independent and figure things out without help, you know?
Yeah you do

Chaylee

Cavy Slave
Yeah. It also kind of helps you prepare for college, when you have to figure things stuff out for yourself.

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
Guys I'm turning into a guinea pig! I'm not even hungry and I'm eating cucumbers and Strawberries (that's all we have we are in a hotel lol) like crazy

animalmadlover

Cavy Slave
I'm so off topic. Lol.
No I think you were bringing us back on topic ;)
I'd be a black and ginger longhaired piggy with dark eyes. Do you ever wonder how they manage to eat grass so quickly, chomp, chomp, chomp, chomp, chomp... gone! Next please...?

Chaylee

Cavy Slave
And I would be a gray rex guinea pig! :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.