Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Help me!!!

ninga1026

Cavy Slave
I am planning on adopting a couple of gp's very soon. I have been looking all over the place for shelters to adopt from with no sucsess. I have been to petfinder and looked all over the internet for shelters near charleston, sc. Does anyone know any? I am thinking of buying two from a petsmart.

mom to cujo

Cavy Slave
help me

ninga1026 said:
I am planning on adopting a couple of gp's very soon. I have been looking all over the place for shelters to adopt from with no sucsess. I have been to petfinder and looked all over the internet for shelters near charleston, sc. Does anyone know any? I am thinking of buying two from a petsmart.
I live in NY and there is nowhere in my area to adopt so I did purchase my cujo from Petco and luckily I have had no problems with him. I did buy him just an hour or so after he arrived at the store - whether or not that had anything to do with my good luck I do not know, but we are both very happy with each other! Good Luck.

Treen

Cavy Slave
Have you tried this list? (broken link removed) If there is one that's vaguely in the right area, they may be able to point you in the direction of one that is closer. You may also find some rescues can help organise transport if you want to rehome a pigger but can't make it to the rescue.

Also, try the classified listings on the site (broken link removed).

Good luck!

ninga1026

Cavy Slave
Treen said:
Have you tried this list? (broken link removed) If there is one that's vaguely in the right area, they may be able to point you in the direction of one that is closer. You may also find some rescues can help organise transport if you want to rehome a pigger but can't make it to the rescue.

Also, try the classified listings on the site (broken link removed).

Good luck!
Yes i have tried both of those links with no luck. Anything else?

Keeperoflilpig

Cavy Slave
How far are you willing to travel?

Keeperoflilpig

ninga1026

Cavy Slave
I can only probably travel 30-45min oh and by the way... i want to adopt 2 sows

Last edited:

lorry

Cavy Slave
It's crappy that nothing seems available in your area right now, but I've seen some of the problems with pet store piggies and you might be better off waiting until something comes up. They almost always have mites, are not well socialized, and they are sometimes sexed wrong and then you end up with a whole litter and all of the problems that can happen there. If you can wait (I know it's hard!), I would.

lorry

Cavy Slave
:eek: So sorry guys! I didn't see this was almost 2 yrs old. Somehow I must have gotten on the last page. Sometimes even with the best of intentions...:eek:

Amanda
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.