Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Heggies HEDGEHOG Not eating much and pooping

RodentsRus

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hi...My hedgehog (Flower) who we adopted this past June is not eating much or pooping...she was ok up to a week ago..some info about her..we were told she was 5 years old when we got her but was not 100 percent certain..and she is missing some teeth... she was still eating royal canine dry light cat food without any problems.until about 4 days ago...we are going to try some wet food but would like to know can this be from age?? she looks very healthy. Also we are going to weigh her each day.

Attachments

IMG_2081.jpg

CanadianComforts

Section Moderator
Cavy Slave
Re: Not eating much and pooping

Do you have a heat lamp? How warm is your home? Hedgies are known to hibernate if they get cold and/or don't get enough light.

LithiumRiot

Cavy Slave

I know nothing about hedgies, I just wanted to say that oh my god, Flower is the most adorable thing ever

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave

I don't know anything about hedgies either and can't help at all, but I'd suggest posting your question on Chins n' Hedgies in their Hedgehog section, I think you'd get a lot more quick and helpful responses there. Good luck!

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I'm no expert on Hedgies, but shouldn't they have a species appropriate diet? I would think kitty kibble is very good for them.

RodentsRus

Cavy Slave

I don't know anything about hedgies either and can't help at all, but I'd suggest posting your question on Chins n' Hedgies in their Hedgehog section, I think you'd get a lot more quick and helpful responses there. Good luck!

I tried about 10 times and all I get is "Invalid Referrer Specified" when I try to register. Not sure want there are mending.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
I would assume it means whatever name you are listing as 'referred by' is not valid.

doglaurasmudge

Cavy Slave

I know nothing about hedgies, I just wanted to say that oh my god, Flower is the most adorable thing ever

Took the words out of my mouth! Flower is an absolute angel!

RodentsRus

Cavy Slave
Saddly we had to have your put down... and then about 2 weeks after that we had to put our other hedgehog Spike down..Nothing to do with what Flower had

LithiumRiot

Cavy Slave
To Hedgie owners, how warm of an environment does a hedgehog have to be in to be comfortable?

I saw one in the pet store today, as I was buying food. I was able to hold him and he looked ok...but I dont know anything about hedgehogs. The store wasnt very warm and the piggies were little puff balls so it was probably a little too cold for them.

I know it doesnt exactly relate to the thread, but I saw it was about hedgehogs and figured I'd ask so if I really need to call the store and talk to them about it, I can.

Aleks

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry for your loss. :sad: Flower was very adorable and I'm sure that Spike was, too. -hug-

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.