Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Alternatives Have These Cages Copied C&C Cages??? O.o

CathiiPiggie

Cavy Slave
I was surfing on the internet yesterday and looking at C&C cages when I came across this [a website with cube cages].

Basically, they are selling these cages called [XX] cages, but they look exactly like C&C cages but with wooden ramps.
Then they have on the Accessories page, guinea pig 'beds' which look like cuddle cups.
I was wondering if this is copying or not?

From reading this page on the site, they have very obviously been inspired by guineapigcages.com : [link removed]

Edited by bpatters: Yes, they look like rip-offs. Unfortunately, there's no way to patent the C&C cages, but we don't publish links that would in any way help people find a competitor's cage. I took that identifying information out of this post.

Last edited by a moderator:

pinky

Cavy Slave
If you'll notice, the grids are 7 across so I figured the cage has to be pretty small since the grid openings look like they aren't big. The 900 x 600 mm came to about a 36 x 23 cage..... very small. The ramp bottom looks too close to the front of the cage. A guinea pig might run into it if they run down the ramp.

CathiiPiggie

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I thought the ramps looked very tight for space too.

boofp

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Cool find. I like the designs for the cages.

Black

Cavy Slave
I don't like the ramps either. After our ringworm infections, I'm staying away from anything that is wooden and permanent. According to everything I read, ringworm spores love living in wood and there is no proper way to sanitize it.

CritterLuvva

Cavy Slave
I don't like the ramps either. After our ringworm infections, I'm staying away from anything that is wooden and permanent. According to everything I read, ringworm spores love living in wood and there is no proper way to sanitize it.

What kind of ramps do you use?

Black

Cavy Slave
What kind of ramps do you use?

I made a homemade ramp out of an aluminum gutter cover. It took A LOT of time and A LOT of plier work. I had to cut the ends and bend every edge over twice so there was no way of them getting cut. Then I filed the bottom and attached the top with zip ties to my top level. Then I used some seriously heavy duty Velcro (soft side) and applied it to the ramp so they have a nice soft surface that's not slippery.

No amount of bleach soaked water has affected the Velcro and the aluminum is rust proof so its working really well for me. The only thing is the Velcro takes a bit of time to dry after cleaning.

Eimear

Cavy Slave
"but we don't publish links that would in any way help people find a competitor's cage"

I had no idea this was the case, I thought that as long as the cage was large enough and suitable to house guinea pigs in, it didnt matter who sells them and you could post links here. Guess I was wrong.

Raine59

Cavy Slave
I looked at this website before the link was removed. As the seller was in the UK, I doubt anyone in the US would be purchasing from that site in preference to the Guinea Pig Zone. But for someone in the UK who would not want to pay the huge shipping charge to buy from the US, that would be a reasonable alternative, though they are deceptively small compared to the ones we know and the smallest one is below the recommended size even for 1 pig. I didn't care for the ramps but some of the designs were nice.

CathiiPiggie

Cavy Slave
Oh, I didn't know I was doing anything wrong. As they were too small I didn't think anybody would want to purchase from that site anyway, and I was just curious to see what you thought because I didn't know if C&C cages had some kind of copying policy or something.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.