Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Has anyone ever emailed the large Pet Stores or Contacted their Representatives?

Dashers_Dad

Cavy Slave
With all of the atrocities that we hear about in these forums as well as the known issues with pet stores. Has anyone tried to make headway with either

A)Contacting stores like PETCO's Corperate HQ's

or

B)Contacting Legislative Representatives

and explaining the issues and concerns that arise relating to pet stores and the conditions of these animals?

I would love to support some form of legislation that makes certain acts illegal or puts harsher restrictions on companies who sell animals so that it is no longer profitable to sell them.

I just emailed PetCO Through their site:

"On your website you state

"Pet overpopulation is one of the biggest problems facing companion animals and animal welfare organizations nationwide. Each year, PETCO and the PETCO Foundation host the Round Up fundraiser to help fund spay/neuter programs that help break the cycle of pet overpopulation. "

Yet your company ecourages the overpopulation of small animals by willingly purchasing small non-feeder animals from breeders on a regular basis.
This seems contratictory to the statements on your website and your policies for dogs and cats.

These animals are companion animals as well. And I would hope that your concern for the well being these creatures would allow for policy change and not purchase these animal from breeders in the future.
I applaud your interaction with local rescue groups for dogs and cats and hope you would consider adopting a similar policy for small animals instead of selling them.

I look forward to hearing your response.
"

Please let us know if you get any response back from them.

Very well said. It cracks me up how they have adoption events and they sell animals.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.