Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

hamsters

C

cavytopia

hamsters

I just saw the 'Hamsters at Risk' heading at the cavyspirit site regarding hamsters which may have to be put down in the Northern Calif region.

We have 2 Russian dwarf hamsters (in addition to our other companion animals, which includes 2 piggies). The hamsters are so much fun! We love to hold them, watch them in their cages, and as they romp in the play area which we set up for them. We love them very much.

It's so sad that people can't even care for these tiny animals whose needs are so easily met.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Re: hamsters

Many were put down already. :(

SuperCavyLover

Cavy Slave

That is so very sad. Some pet owners, such as myself, may not have the greatest homes an animal can have, but I'll say this for us, at least we attempt to care for them. I had hamsters way back, and it was fun too watch them run through the tunnels- and you're right,
their needs are so very easily met.
Hmm... I've always wondered if cavies and hamsters get along? Probably not- the cavy would poke at them...
hmmmmm

I hope these hamsters are rescued soon

P

petwebsitecom

petwebsite.com

(broken link removed)

Lorraine Hill has a better site for hamsters.

kavykritter

Cavy Slave

i used to have a hamster, and i rescued him from a similer situation, poor housing, poor care, all of that, and he lived to be five years old when he died of an incurable cancer. My secret? i took basic good care or him and all, but i also gave him a gigantic home, as compared to the usual hamster place. Same principle as here, but i had never seen this place, and it was a hamster. funny, huh?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.