Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Goodbye Twix

ThePiggiePlace

Cavy Slave
Well, Twix Passed Away About 2 Weeks Ago, But I Thought About Him A Lot Yesterday And Today. I Adopted Twix And His Brother, Snickers 2 Years Ago. They Got Along Well, A Couple Of Fights But Never Anything Serious. But Around 2 Weeks Ago, I Noticed He Was Acting Like Weak? I Picked Him Up, He Just Wasn't Acting Like Himself. We Wen't To A Vet (I'll Be Honest, He's Never Been To A Vet :( I Know That's Horrible, But We Just Don't Have The Money For Checkups On Both Our Pigs. I Feel Bad About That As It May Have Been The Cause Of His Death) But They Said They Didn't Really Do Guinea Pigs And The Place That Does Is Closed. They Gave Us Some Antibiotics Anyway And Gave Him His First Dose. At Home We Separated Twix And Snickers And Put Twix In A Spare Cage. I Held Him For A Bit Longer And He Seemed Relaxed. In The Morning He Was Gone. I Miss Him So Much And Now Snickers Is All Alone. I'm Also Wondering If I Should Get Snickers A Cage mate Since I've Heard It's Bad To Keep A Single Pig, I Am Worried Though Since He's Always Been A Tad Aggressive. DSC00138.jpgBut, I Love You Twix, No-Pig Could Replace You:love:

RodneyLuv30

Cavy Slave
So sorry to hear about twix. Hopefully snickers can keep in good spirits. And if he doesn't then when your both ready to move forward with adopting a new friend. Good luck and I hope you feel better and tell snickers to stay strong

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm very sorry to hear about little Twix. Sometimes an illness for a pig can come on so fast that nothing can be done. You gave him a great life and I'm sure you and Snickers are going to miss him greatly. Please do think about a buddy for Snickers, it would be of great benefit for him.

Rest in Peace, Twix.

lisa325

Cavy Slave
I'm so very sorry you lost little Twix, I know how painful the loss is, we just recently lost a beloved piggy. If I were you I would look into getting a new buddy for Snickers, they're social creatures and do much better housed with their own kind.
We have been introducing our remaining piggy to a new baby piggy today, and so far things have gone really well. You have to be willing to put the time in and do introductions properly, but it is so worth it when you see your bereaved piggy bonding with a new buddy. :)
Run free at the bridge little Twix, and please give my Luigi all my love and kisses when you see him. :love:

ThePiggiePlace

Cavy Slave
<3 Thank You Guys <3 I Think I Will Be Looking Into A Buddy For Snickers, Probably At The End Of Next Month Though, So I Have The Whole Summer To Watch Them. @lisa325 I'm Sorry To Hear About Your Luigi :( I'm Sure You Gave Him An Amazing Life.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss, RIP little Twix.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.