Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Goodbye, Guinea

Hazel Hammy

Cavy Slave
Goodbye, Guinea

Dear Guinea,

Life's been quite lonely without your little fuzzy face or squeals. Even though I had you for 7 years, it feels like it was just yesterday when we were celebrating your first birthday. You were my first pet, and I will always cherish the memories we had together. I'm so sorry when I was at the vet office and didn't say anything to you. I just didn't have anything to say. :'( Nothing could prepare either of us for what lied ahead, and I hope you understand. I raised you from a baby, caring for you when nobody else cared. Even though you were considered a family pet, I always thought of you as my little buddy. When I saw blood on your cage the 5th, I hoped and prayed it was just watermelon stains. But as time passed, I noticed you had UTI. I remember the happy look you had on your face when I placed you in your new cage, how you squealed and binkyed as if you were a rabbit. xD You were such a sweet soul, and I will always remember the times we watched G-Force together. :)

I remember reading "the rainbow bridge" poem to you and you even had tears in your eyes. :'( When the vet took you from your traveler and placed you on a towel, I remember how you went limp in her hands and just laid there, unable to even hold up your head, let alone yourself. It was like I was watching a sad movie, but I couldn't pause it. When she took you away, I felt as if a part of my heart was taken away from me, and I don't think I will ever gain it back. I love you with all of my heart, (or what's left of it) and hope that one day we will meet again.
</3

Goodbye, Guinea
Goodbye, Guinea
Goodbye, Guinea

If you wish to watch her full tribute, it can be found here: ~Goodbye Guinea~

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave
Oh I'm so sorry! I'm glad she got to spend her 7 years with you. :love: hugs to you! <3

LoveMyHerd

Cavy Slave
I started to cry reading this.
I'm really, really sorry this happened. I know it hurts beyond belief right now, and nothing I can say will truly make you feel entirely better. But know that Guinea was a happy old girl with you, and you made her last few days joyful and full of peace. I know how it feels to lose a pig, it's happened to me before. I felt like it was unfair that they couldn't live as long as human could, that their lives were so small and fragile.
My hugs, thoughts, and prayers are on their way.

oldnewie

Cavy Slave
My sympathies go to you. 7 years is a great age.

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Not Bailey's long lost twin! I'm so sorry for your loss. I really am. 7 years is a long time tho. I'm so sorry

Hazel Hammy

Cavy Slave
Thanks all. :) Tell Bailey I said, "Hi!"

BaconAndEggs

Cavy Slave
At least she got to spend the seven years that she did in your care. Popcorn free, Guinea.

"Some animals come into our lives and quietly go; others leave pawprints in our hearts, and we are never the same again."

Rest in peace forever. Popcorn with your friends in piggy heaven. Then, one day, you and your owner will meet again, and you will live forever in the joy of each other's presence. Sleep tight, Guinea.

Hazel Hammy

Cavy Slave
Thank you all for your support. <3

LoveMyHerd

Cavy Slave
Oh, and @Hazel Hammy, please don't leave the forum! Guinea is no longer with us, but you can still talk about guinea pigs and stuff if you want to! :)

Hazel Hammy

Cavy Slave
Oh, and @Hazel Hammy, please don't leave the forum! Guinea is no longer with us, but you can still talk about guinea pigs and stuff if you want to! :)
I honestly feel I will be getting into rabbits soon, but I will definitely come back every now and then to see how things are. :) I just need another big pet to snuggle! (Even if it is a lagomorph and not a rodent hehe)

BaconAndEggs

Cavy Slave
Yay! I personally love rabbits myself, but my parents think they're too smelly. :D Not that I love my piggies any less!

Hazel Hammy

Cavy Slave
Guinea's ashes came back today. It feels so amazing to have her with me again, even if she can't squeal with joy or run at me when I pull out the veggies it is the most amazing thing. The vet even printed out a cute little sail boat that says, "Guinea" with her little paw prints on it. <3 If I wasn't so cried out with sadness I would cry tears of joy. That vet is quite possibly the sweetest vet I've ever met. <3

Hazel Hammy

Cavy Slave
There are still days I will walk by that cage and imagine Guinea happily running to me. There are still days that I will think about her endlessly and wish I could have seen her again, I know we will meet one day but I know it's not any day soon. When she left, she took away a part of me that cannot be replaced. I still can't believe she's actually gone, I still wake up and realize she's not there to greet me. I still will lay down veggies in her cage every night mindlessly and have to pick them up in the morning when I realize that she hasn't eaten them; and I know why. There are still nights when I will wake up thought to have heard her voice, nights where I will have her alive in my dreams, and even her on the bridge of leaving me again. I always wake up before it happens, I just can't let her go. I feel like I'm broken; like I'm a shattered glass that lay on the floor; swept up and transferred into the trash. I feel like waking up is a everlasting sad story, but there is no ending. :'( I know there have been a lot of pets crossing the rainbow bridge recently so I wanted to post this. Rest in Peace, my sweet girl. So long gone, but never absent from my heart. <3

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
I'm very sorry for your loss. It would probably help you to put the cage away,so you don't have to look at it all the time. It will get easier, but it takes time.

Hazel Hammy

Cavy Slave
I'm very sorry for your loss. It would probably help you to put the cage away,so you don't have to look at it all the time. It will get easier, but it takes time.
Thank you. I can't really put it away, as it's 8 square feet and we're selling it so I can't take it apart. <3 Thank you for your kind words.

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
There are still days I will walk by that cage and imagine Guinea happily running to me. There are still days that I will think about her endlessly and wish I could have seen her again, I know we will meet one day but I know it's not any day soon. When she left, she took away a part of me that cannot be replaced. I still can't believe she's actually gone, I still wake up and realize she's not there to greet me. I still will lay down veggies in her cage every night mindlessly and have to pick them up in the morning when I realize that she hasn't eaten them; and I know why. There are still nights when I will wake up thought to have heard her voice, nights where I will have her alive in my dreams, and even her on the bridge of leaving me again. I always wake up before it happens, I just can't let her go. I feel like I'm broken; like I'm a shattered glass that lay on the floor; swept up and transferred into the trash. I feel like waking up is a everlasting sad story, but there is no ending. :'( I know there have been a lot of pets crossing the rainbow bridge recently so I wanted to post this. Rest in Peace, my sweet girl. So long gone, but never absent from my heart. <3
I'm so sorry. I know exactly how you feel. I lost my grandpa, and my dog within 3 months of each other and my Friday piggie a year before them. I'm so sorry that happened to you[emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]

4cavies

Cavy Slave
Oh, god. Now I'm bawling!

BaconAndEggs

Cavy Slave

I cried when I read this. :( I'm so sorry! I remember when a lost my hamster... the sweetest little thing. He cannot be replaced.

Hazel Hammy

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry. I know exactly how you feel. I lost my grandpa, and my dog within 3 months of each other and my Friday piggie a year before them. I'm so sorry that happened to you[emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]
Thank you. <3 Rest in peace.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.