Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

goodbye dear friend

monkysrmycolor

Cavy Gazer
Last week I lost my beloved best friend Buddy. He was the most wonderful guinea pig a girl could ask for. Never in my life did I think I would own a guinea pig but when I saw that Buddy was in need of a home and not getting the love he deserved my heart broke and I knew I needed to bring him home. I fought until I could and when I did I was so happy. The way he would yell at me to love him and feed him carrots, the way he would run all over my floor in the happiest way, the way he loved to outside, I loved everything about the little guy and when I lost him my world shattered. He was 6 I believe a little older and I know that is a long wonderful life and I fed him the best of food and gave him organic veggies he loved every day. He even came back from scurvy because I nursed him to health for over a month, syringe fed and watered him, gave him vitamins, the works. He was a blessing in my life, he made a difference which I never expected and now I feel like im missing a part of my heart. We brought him home a friend who hasn't been doing too well since his passing and are bringing him home a friend who needs to be adopted from the humane society. I don't want to feel like I'm replacing my little buddy but I cant leave Larry lonely, its not fair :( I suppose Im just writing this in memory of my best friend, I hope he knows how much I love him and is watching over us from some beautiful pasture with all the carrots in the world. Thank you for taking the time to listen <3

monkysrmycolor

Cavy Gazer
thank you so much! that means a lot! Same to you!! <3

MeggMegg

Cavy Slave
So sorry for your loss. Glad you could give him a good home and love!

GuineaPigMama89

Cavy Gazer
So sorry for your loss. He's in piggy heaven now frolicking through fields, eating all the carrots he can eat, as you said. It's hard to lose our beloved friends. When my ferret Rosco passed away from polycystic kidney disease I was beside myself but I remember him through the (literally hundreds!) of pictures I took. The pain gets better but we never forget the impression our friends made on us <3

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry for your loss and thank you for giving him such a wonderful forever home.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry you lost him.

lisa325

Cavy Slave
So sorry for your loss, your story is very touching.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I am so sorry to hear of Buddy's passing. These little balls of fur touch our hearts and families in ways we could never expect. Unless you've had a piggy for a friend, you'll never know how it feels. Rest In Peace, Buddy. Know that you were very much loved.

Legume Family

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss :( The ones we have to work hard to save always cling closely to our hearts. I'm glad you provided such a wonderful home for Buddy.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.