Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chat Free haircuts!

magicpiggie

Cavy Slave
My guinea pig, magic, lives to give out free haircuts. She loves barbering. She'll try to barber her cage mate, she'll chew on my hair too! Just this morning she took off a 5 inch piece of hair! She'd cut from the top so I was able to pull the bottom out from her mouth. When I tried to pull the hair out she resisted. She pulled back and held her mouth high, which totally cracked me up.

So if anyone needs a haircut, please let me know so I can make an appointment for you. We currently are not charging but donations are accepted.

Just kidding! But if anyone has any funny stories about their guinea pig and barbering, please feel free to post!

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
My Theo used to chew my hair all the time, and I thought it was cute until we adopted Bitters. I even saved my ponytail when i cut my hair short so she could still play with it. I guess since she's a Rex Theo thought Bitters' hair was ok to chew too (she had never barbered Odeta). So soon my poor fuzzy baby was getting chased around for her fur. I stopped letting theo barber me, which she was not happy about, and it slowly stopped, though once in a while I'll hear bitters squeal in the middle of the night because theo pulled her fur.

LifeAsItMayBe

Cavy Slave
My girls don't barber, but a few of them give themselves pedicures. I don't think anyone had ever cut Lilly's and Rose's nails before I got them (at 2 years old) but Lilly has perfect nails while Rose's are long, thick, and curved.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.