Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Flippers

emttami

Cavy Slave
i see you have what looks like those little play mats..on the side of your cage,where did you get them from and could they work for a play time area
Sorry forgot to add your quote (:)
Yes, I use those for playtime. I do have to keep an eye on one of my boys b/c he is a nibbler but the others do not bite at it. It's foam but easy clean up and very soft. I bought mine at Lowe's. I have also seen them at Home Depot. They are interlocking play mats. Just expensive. I think I paid $20.00 for (1) package of 4 big square mats.

emttami

Cavy Slave
I got a sewing machine from walmart too and made some pillowcases for the flippers. I think I will just make the liners like you did, it would be quicker and easier. I still can't sew a straight line unless I draw one on the cloth.

Me too!!! But my boys don't mind if its straight line or not. I'm learning & getting better. Lol
my husband now has me making him a fleece hunting blanket with the UHaul pads & fleece. (:)
I get the heavy fleece, so much easier to vacuum! We love it

Attachments

image.jpg

SuperGilbert

Cavy Slave
Wow, Never really heard of flippers, checked the prices of them at the fleece store on here, what a ripoff!!

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Wow, Never really heard of flippers, checked the prices of them at the fleece store on here, what a ripoff!!

They are not a "rip-off." It's a business for one. We created them. We stock about two dozen fabrics and sew the panels to order and ship them out within a few days of ordering. They include the rounded corner coroplast panels as well as two layers of Uhaul liners -- double-sided, double-layered. You can get a discount by liking our FB page.

Feel free to make your own.

I really don't appreciate the insult. We keep our margins as low as possible. Most people find them quite economical and they are.

SuperGilbert

Cavy Slave
Do you offer free shipping??

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
No we don't offer free shipping, but we do have discounted shipping rates from Fedex and we pass those shipping savings on to our customers.

SuperGilbert

Cavy Slave
Should consider free shipping for at least your U.S customers.....I do a decent amount of online shopping and have noticed that is a big trend with big and small companies to entice you to buy from them, competition is fierce these days....You shouldnt be insulted by what I said, I wasnt knocking the product, just the price...I get it that its a business and you gotta make a profit.....for a set of 6 flippers for my 2x6 cage would cost me well over $100, I like to get the most bang for my buck, and I just feel its not a good buy at that price, that's all

clb89

Cavy Slave
Should consider free shipping for at least your U.S customers.....I do a decent amount of online shopping and have noticed that is a big trend with big and small companies to entice you to buy from them, competition is fierce these days....You shouldnt be insulted by what I said, I wasnt knocking the product, just the price...I get it that its a business and you gotta make a profit.....for a set of 6 flippers for my 2x6 cage would cost me well over $100, I like to get the most bang for my buck, and I just feel its not a good buy at that price, that's all

It may seem like a big cost, but you have to consider that they are homemade. Homemade takes a lot of time, plus quality materials plus adding in extra to make a net profit. It's the same thing when you buy homemade clothes versus store bought. The homemade clothes will be more expensive and yeah you can learn to make clothes yourself but it takes a while to get the same quality as the expert clothing makers.

SuperGilbert

Cavy Slave
It may seem like a big cost, but you have to consider that they are homemade. Homemade takes a lot of time, plus quality materials plus adding in extra to make a net profit. It's the same thing when you buy homemade clothes versus store bought. The homemade clothes will be more expensive and yeah you can learn to make clothes yourself but it takes a while to get the same quality as the expert clothing makers.

I did consider it and I still feel its an overpriced item, not gonna change my mind on that one.....quality of clothing depends on where you buy it and what country its made in....If you buy walmart crap, its gonna fall apart real fast;)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.