Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Fleece Experiment/Piggie Plan

Blog entry from old forum

KateandOscar

Cavy Slave
Forgive me for any typing errors, this is coming from my blackberry, which has extremely small keys...anyways I'm posting about how well my little fleece trial or experiment as its called in the title is going and also how well the piggie plan steps are working out, which is not so good so far.
First I will start with the fleece. All is going very well! Just about 10 minutes ago I did a bigger cleaning of the cage, which involves a more thorough poop scoop and pulling out any gross hay, as well as totally cleaning the litter box and food bowl, and giving him new food. The cage is very nice, not smelling as bad as shavings and looks nice. Oh and I forgot to mention I just gave him his veggies...he isn't a fan of red pepper though. I think I will continue with fleece, not that I had any doubt before, but I'm liking it way better as I go. Its a bit more work, but its great in the long run and its just the best for little piggie feet!
To get to my second topic, the piggie plan, as I aforementioned, it isn't going so good. My mom has a bad habit of changing her mind, which usually just happens when its about the pig stuff...hmmm. Anyways, its the second time she done this! I was so close to making that cage one time, she even promised to take me to get grids the next day! But I happened to be nagging her too much and then she actually thought about what she had said yes to and changed her mind. Now, she had said it would be a good idea to put the table in my room, but she changed her mind suddenly, saying that the table belonged in a playroom, not a teenage girls bedroom, which annoys me. She shouldn't have a say what furniture I can or cannot put in my room but sadly she does and said no. Don't worry though, this is just a small hitch in my plan. What I might do is while I'm persuading further, I will do my secret buying of the grids, then show her! The thing is she may be mad that I went behind her back and say no, or say no anyways, but if I can put it together myself I know she will say yes to it once she sees it, she just has to be pushed in the right direction.
Some of you might have seen my male or female post on the forum, that was because - couldn't tell, but - figured it out. You know how its very obvious its an unneutered guy? Well I gave him a bath and a haircut, and thereit was, hiding under his fur! I feel stupid for not noticing earlier, but now I know!

-Kaytlin

Too bad your plan's not working, I agree with the grids though... once she sees how much work you put into this she ought to give it a chance. Just make sure it looks nice, she might not mind it if you make it match your room. Maybe get fleece to match your room and keep it clean and organised.
P.s. My name is Kaitlyn too!

Haha, thats cool! (to the Kaytlin/Kaitlyn thing). I do agree, when they see I put in a lot of effort they let me do more things. Im very commited once I start something, So trust me, I will have a good cage or die trying, haha. I have fleece righ tnow that matches, a blue green and white striped set, and it looks good, but it would be too small for my planned 3x3, I would have to either use just part of it if it doesnt fit, or get something blue, green, or white, or something that matches as my room is blue and green! I think my plan will work, but it may take some time.

If you don't mind me asking, how does the fleece work? do you put a new one in every so often? Only reason I ask is, wouldnt the urine begin to smell?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.