Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C First C&C Cage!

Cocoacavy

Cavy Slave
Aww... I absolutely love the cage and the pig. I also like the picture of how your pig is using the litter box and staring at the camera: Don't look at me when I am doing my business!
VERRRRYYY funny. :)

Cocoacavy

Cavy Slave
Oh, and great job on the cage! Turned out excellent!

MyLittlePiggy07

Cavy Slave
Okay, so I will get him timothy pellets & alfalfa hay since he's still a baby! Does this sound good?

Also, tonight at work I was talking about my guinea pig & this guy I work with mentioned how he has to take cares of his girlfriend's guinea pig. He said he was about to throw it in the dumpster today. I told him NOOO!! He said he wants to get rid of it asap & that he's tempted to let it go outside (let me remind you that I'm from MN & it's winter). I told him to bring it to the humane society & if he can't even do that, I told him I would come get it from him & bring him myself. The guinea pig is a girl. I would take it, but I have a boy & I'm still trying to get the feel for taking care of just one. I really hope I convinced him to not do anything stupid. Oh, and this guy has a child on the way... me being blunt I said, "You have a kid on the way and you can't even take care of a guinea pig? Wow." I don't understand how cruel people can be. He said that she never gets taken out of her cage & lives in about a 2X1 cage! So sad!! Let me know if any of you are from the midwest region & would like her. I guess she is brown & white with cowlicks.

Sirene

Cavy Slave
Okay, so I will get him timothy pellets & alfalfa hay since he's still a baby! Does this sound good?

Also, tonight at work I was talking about my guinea pig & this guy I work with mentioned how he has to take cares of his girlfriend's guinea pig. He said he was about to throw it in the dumpster today. I told him NOOO!! He said he wants to get rid of it asap & that he's tempted to let it go outside (let me remind you that I'm from MN & it's winter). I told him to bring it to the humane society & if he can't even do that, I told him I would come get it from him & bring him myself. The guinea pig is a girl. I would take it, but I have a boy & I'm still trying to get the feel for taking care of just one. I really hope I convinced him to not do anything stupid. Oh, and this guy has a child on the way... me being blunt I said, "You have a kid on the way and you can't even take care of a guinea pig? Wow." I don't understand how cruel people can be. He said that she never gets taken out of her cage & lives in about a 2X1 cage! So sad!! Let me know if any of you are from the midwest region & would like her. I guess she is brown & white with cowlicks.

I think people might be saying it's the other way round (alfalfa pellets and timothy hay?) but am not 100% sure! :)

Good for you for talking to your coworker about that poor guinea pig. (He may not be sure of the gender, though, since he is obviously not interested in it, so you could potentially have an adoptable boy on your hands if you wanted another.) I really hope he lets you take it, at least to a shelter, rather than dumping it! Perhaps if you copy that part of your post into a new thread in the Adoptables section more people will see it?

MyLittlePiggy07

Cavy Slave
I think people might be saying it's the other way round (alfalfa pellets and timothy hay?) but am not 100% sure! :)

Good for you for talking to your coworker about that poor guinea pig. (He may not be sure of the gender, though, since he is obviously not interested in it, so you could potentially have an adoptable boy on your hands if you wanted another.) I really hope he lets you take it, at least to a shelter, rather than dumping it! Perhaps if you copy that part of your post into a new thread in the Adoptables section more people will see it?

Oh, you're right. I read the comment wrong-- so alfafa pellets & timothy hay it is!

I was thinking the same thing too so I told him to send me a picture message to my phone of the piggys private part if he's not 100% sure of the sex because if it is a boy, he might just have to be mine. That's a good idea. I will put a thread up in the adoptables section!

anwaflynurse

Cavy Slave
For a cheap tunnel, use the 12 pack box that pop comes in. Just cut a hole on the other side. My boys love to run thru the box. All my friends and family save their pop boxes now for my boys.
During floor time, I tape a bunch together with exit holes in the sides every so often and place it around the outside with the hay and nummies in the middle. They run laps around and around. It is so cute.
Start reading all you can, there is a lot of information on this site.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.