Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Female, adult piggy (maybe)

guinea92

Cavy Slave
I have one piggy now and can't decide wether to adopt one for a friend. You see, she was from a pet store (I know I should have adopted, but I didn't know any better!) She has lived alone since I've had her (3 years) Also I live in Nashville, TN there aren't any rescues near by so... please help!

When you say, "adopt one for a friend", do you mean you have a friend and you want to adopt a guinea pig for him/her or as a friend for your current guinea pig?

I suspect that you mean as a friend for your pig. If you have the means and the room (it would mean a bigger cage), I would definitely go for it. It would require a quarantine period of 21 days and an introduction on neutral territory as well.

I see there are shelters and rescues in Murfreesboro, Knoxville and Huntsville. There are two in Knoxville, one is a guinea pig specific rescue.

I don't know if any of those are near you. The rescue I've adopted from is 2 1/2 hours away. Yes, it's a bit far but it's worth it to give a home to a pig in need and I would drive even farther, if need be.

You can also check out your local Craigslist. You might also call your local animals shelters and get your name on a waiting list in case any guinea pigs come in.

Yes, I mean for my guinea pig. Thanks! What are the websites for those rescues?

I live in Memphis, TN. I have a cute female, and I'm looking for a new home because my new new baby is showing an allergic reaction and is a doctor request. We all are really sad, but you know we would like to find a good place for her. Please let me know if you are interested adopting her:love:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.