Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Dry Skin?

shortlilcutie

Cavy Slave
My new pig has all black hair, with some specs of white. I noticed that he has some white flecks in his hair, and i'm pretty sure its no lice, so i was wondering if he could have dry skin, and how would I know?

ilovebabe

Cavy Slave
yeah wen i got my piggy yesterday he had the same thang

Starbucks

Cavy Slave
sometimes if you brush your piggie with a brush, dirt will collect on the bristles and then come off on the piggies hair. this might be it.

but if your piggies skin is dry and flaky, it may be any early sign of a vitamin c deficientcy.

are there any other problems?

kavykritter

Cavy Slave
check with your vet, to see of there is a serious problem, and if not, there are several small animal shampoos which you can use to clean them and some useful with things like dry skin and similer things

Ruthies owner

Cavy Slave
shortlilcutie said:
My new pig has all black hair, with some specs of white. I noticed that he has some white flecks in his hair, and i'm pretty sure its no lice, so i was wondering if he could have dry skin, and how would I know?

Ruthie had the same thing a while back. Right on her back was this dry spot with dead skin. I told my mom and we put this lotion on her ( I forget which kind ) and the dry skin went away in a day leaving a bald spot. The bald spot grew in quickly and we never had a problem since.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.