Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Desperate mouse situation - homes needed!

crazywiggy

Cavy Slave
There was recently (Oct / Nov) a massive rescue that took place in Wales. A hoarder had let his mouse situation get well out of control - I believe around 1000 mice have been removed (many pregnant)!

Most of these mice are now in foster homes and rescues throughout the UK. Females will now have given birth if they were pregnant, so should be available for adoption anytime soon.

Please - anyone who could offer a good home to some desperate mice please contact the rescues involved. I would love to take some myself but I would literally be thrown out of the house if I brought any more animals home.

Thanks

This is the link with just one of the rescues that has some of these mice - they rehome throughout the country subject to transport, but they should also be able to put you in touch with some other rescues involved.

(broken link removed)

Last week my friend said someone near me (in Great Malvern) has a lot of mice from a rescue of about 900 so I'm presuming this is the same case.
If she is going to get some I might be tempted to take a few too...:D

Hopefully they can all find good homes.

If I lived in the U.K. I now I would take in as many mice as possible. Poor mice.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.