Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sounds Constant wheeking

faculae.angel

Cavy Slave
I had my pigs for a while now, and they typically wheek when it?s time to eat and when I?m bringing them their food. One of my pigs though was always a bit annoying. He has a very loud, high pitch wheek that you can literally hear all through my upstairs and was cute at first when he only did it a little bit, but now he does it constantly. I don?t know what to do with him.

He does it constantly. He will have everything he needs, hay, pellets, water, vegetables. He just doesn?t stop. The only time I get a break from listening to his annoying, constant squeaking is when he?s sleeping or he?s eating.

I really cannot stand it. It?s been months now that he?s been doing this. Any ideas why he?s doing this and how I can get him to stop or am I just going to have to keep putting up with it like I have been?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Is he in a cage with other pigs, or by himself?

faculae.angel

Cavy Slave
He is currently alone because he gets in very vicious fights with the others, like very loud teeth chattering and lunging. His cage is right next to theirs though. But when he was managing to get along with the others and was in a cage with another guinea pig he still constantly wheeked.

I take him and my other pig out multiple time through the day and put them on my bed with me because that is the only time he doesn’t literally try to murder the others because they’re either in my lap or right next to me but he still repeatedly wheeks during and after that.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'd say he's wheeking because he's lonely. Could you find him a neutered sow to live with?

faculae.angel

Cavy Slave
I’m afraid I can’t.

i don’t understand how he would be lonely though. Like I said, he did this when he was with the others and I honestly don’t think he is capable of being with another pig because of the way he just lashes out at them for literally no reason. He acts happier when he’s away from them so I really can’t see him being lonely as he chooses being away from them in the first place.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I don't think he's "choosing" anything. That's a lot of processing power to assign to a very small brain.

They're herd animals, and they want to be with others of their own kind. Some of them didn't learn their kindergarten lessons very well and don't play well with others, but that doesn't mean they don't want to be with them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.