Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Covers Closet Shelveing for Lid

MissSofi

Cavy Slave
I was wondering what stores in Canada sell closet shelving that can be cut to order...We don't have Lowe's (at least not in London Ontario, I don't think.)
Can you also get Chloroplast at the same place?

Thank You, I'm not a very hardware Store Savvy girl.😊

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
You may want to look for coroplast as chloroplast doesn't exist. I've been finding lately a lot of people make the mistake on the spelling so when they are trying to find coroplast, they are pronouncing it wrong and people don't know what you are looking for.

I know some Home Depot's carry it, some don't.

MissSofi

Cavy Slave
Thank you,were you able to find Black cubes anywhere? they seem to be pretty elusive, and I don't have a Costco card.

That was a Typo on my part, I have been looking for COROplast

Omnimous

Cavy Slave
Thank you,were you able to find Black cubes anywhere? they seem to be pretty elusive, and I don't have a Costco card.

That was a Typo on my part, I have been looking for COROplast

I found that asking for 'corrogated plastic - like cardboard' made them understand far quicker than asking for coroplast.

I've seen the black cubes at Canadian Tire. I think they're a little more expensive than what you'd get at Home Depot, but not by a whole lot.

MissSofi

Cavy Slave
Thanks again, I just got Black cubes at Canadian tire today, they were 28$ but in my opinion well worth it since i got exactly 16 grids in a pack (perfect for a 6x2! :) )...Unfortunately the pack didn't come with enough connectors. :(

Corinne

Cavy Slave
Hi,

Home Depot cut the shelving for us. You don't require a card to shop at Home Depot (at least not in any of the stores in BC).

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out!

Corinne

Cavy Slave
Thanks again, I just got Black cubes at Canadian tire today, they were 28$ but in my opinion well worth it since i got exactly 16 grids in a pack (perfect for a 6x2! :) )...Unfortunately the pack didn't come with enough connectors. :(

I had the same problem but since all 'joins' need to be reinforced with cable ties anyways, it all worked out. I made sure the ends and corners had connectors (plus cable ties) and simply cable tied some together along the sides.

Also, you can purchase rubber ends for the shelving. You have to make sure the cut ends are long enough for them to go one and expoxy (or some such theing) for them to stay on. We have ends that are too short and they have all popped off :rolleyes: . I have to get DH to come up with the appropriate home handyman soluntion to get them to stay on lol

MissSofi

Cavy Slave
Yeah I think ties are going to have to be the solution of the day...I hope home depot also sells those in black. (I considered ordering more conectores off of this site, but I have has such bad luck with ordering things off line, and the US postal service, that I don't think I'm going to after all)

How much did the closet shelving (lid) cost you?:)

Corinne

Cavy Slave
I think around $30? DH was the one who went to pick it up for me so I'm not positive.

Let us know how it turns out!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.