Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Cloroplast issues.. :(

SyntheticIrony

Cavy Slave
Made a 2x4 cage.. and ruined $30.00 worth of cloroplast.. :( Any ideas on how to make it easier to work with? I had to get 3 smaller pieces and attach them to attempt to make it easier because I can't fit a huge piece in my car.. anyone had to do this? Any tips for working with this stuff so I don't waste more money?

lissie

Cavy Slave
I prefer one big piece.
You can roll coroplast to fit in the back seat.
(broken link removed)

What was your issues with multiple pieces? Many people have taped them together with no issues.

SyntheticIrony

Cavy Slave
Yeah, when I did that, and then tried doing the cutting/scoring it went not so well! I guess I will try again, pick up another piece tonight.

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
When cutting and scoring a rolled piece, I found it best to unroll the whole sheet, place it hunched side up and weighted it down with several heavy pieces. I left is like that for quite a while and then had no issues cutting/scoring.

I've also just weighted the entire thing down, measured, marked and scored/cut my pieces. This method worked okay for me.

SyntheticIrony

Cavy Slave
Went back to home depot and actually had them cut the biggest piece down for me to the 68" x 39" for a 2 x 4 grid cage for me. Lets hope doing the scoring and rest of it is easy :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.