Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy Christmastime for the Pigs?

What's on your Wish List?

• Total voters

sierralj97

Cavy Slave
For those of you that celebrate Christmas, who here spoiled their pigs a wee bit too much here? haha! I knew I was addicted when I realized that I was using my Christmas gifts on the pigs...

• I bought 18 yards of fleece from JoAnn's on black friday
  • I cut up the old smaller cages, taped them together with scraps, and built a bigger c&c for my piggy fam :)
  • When my mother asked me what I wanted for Christmas, I told her she could buy me some new cage liners for the bigger cage...each cage is getting 2 custom liners :) (total of 4)
  • I dropped some money on 3 hay bags and 2 hideaway cubes (would've been less but UK shipping costs *sigh*)
My pigs are too spoiled! I figured that I'd spoil them rotten this year, since next year I'll be back out on my own after Christmas and I'll be saving for moving costs...they better enjoy it while it lasts, lol!

What's on your piggy's wishlist? :D

I wish I could get that much for our girls 😍 All I got them so far is a Christmas themed fleece. Right now I have to think about what I can get that's practical, I would love to get them new cozys/hideys, but I feel like it's more important to get stuff like Critical Care (just to have on hand), a new bag of paper cat litter pellets, and if I have the money (I only get $40 every 2 weeks) I wanna get some fleece to make them new tunnels and hideys. Maybe I could actually make a themed set for once 😛

I just got some little fleece Christmas stockings for my boys that I hung on the outside of the cage. I'm not sure what to put in them for Christmas though, other than hay. I might just stuff them and give them to the pigs.

I've been giving my boys real baby carrots with full greens instead of carrots that have been cut to the baby carrot shape. They are in piggy heaven now - Hematite is even so determined to get the carrots that he is almost climbing out of the cage!

I also love to spoil my piggies!
I recently bought them a 2x6 with a 2x2 loft to combine with their current 2x6 with 2x2 loft. I've got two boars and have found out that more space is definitely better.
I also ordered them two new hideys with fleece pads, a corner cabin, one of those muffs, and a square bed.
And give it MAYBE a week (if I last that long) and they'll be getting a few more fleece forests and possibly a futon and maybe a cuddle cup. :eek:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.