Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Can't Find Pigs To Rescue??

Status
Not open for further replies.

chekmi21

Cavy Slave
I'm trying to find a abyssinian guinea pig or a peruvian. Must be female, under a year old and preferably spayed. Its ok if she's not, she won't come in contact with a male.

I tried local shelters and my last one I got from the local Humane Society. There's this one shelter near me that has two abyssinian females but the person that works there is a total prick and totally turned me off from the idea of adopting from there.

Any breeders around my area or anything? I live in Hartford, CT.

socal805

Cavy Slave
It's been a while since I have posted here but I wanted to say a few things. First of all please remember that the original intention of my post was to point out to people that it is possible to rescue and not buy from petstores or breeders. I have said it before and will say it again, if you are looking for a particular breed/type of pig, be patient! ALL breeds show up in shelters and rescues. In the past year alone I have personally seen peruvians, himi's, textels, abbys and satins in my local shelter. I have been a part of several "piggy trains" that trasported pigs to adopters across state lines.
So if you are looking for a particular guinea pig, please check petfinder, craigslist, your local paper and the various adoption sections of this site and GL.
It can be done!

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
You can eventually find what you want from a shelter or a rescue. I got my neutered texel from my rescue and she got him in already neutered. She get's them all so just keep looking.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Please do NOT dig up old threads and reply to them. Anything over a couple weeks or so old should not be replied to. This thread was last replied to in August of 2010, making it a few months old.

It is now coming to a close.

Status
Not open for further replies.