Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C C&C Is this product good?

• Thread starter GuineaPiggie123
  • Start date

GuineaPiggie123

Cavy Slave
SO, sorry for such I newbie question it's just I couldn't really find answers anywhere and this may help others. I'm building a C&C cage for some new piggies and I was curious if the product I'm using would work and they couldn't escape. I'm using most of the grids on this product for a 4x2 cage with a 1 cube upper level.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Whitmor-Wire-Storage-Cubes-Set-of-6/23750330
The dimensions are 14.25 by 14.5 inches tall so about 15 inches tall. I don't know if guinea pigs can "climb" but I had a hamster who would climb out of her cage so I had to get a top. (sadly she is no longer with us. R.I.P. Daisy pictures (broken link removed)) anyway, I don't know if 15 inches is tall enough but I think it is. I also need to know if this is enough coroplast to make a ramp to upstairs, coroplast for upstairs and coroplast for the whole bottom. If not please find another bigger one or let me know if I have to buy more.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Coropla...lastic-Sheet-CP4896S/205351385#specifications
I think it's big enough but just incase!
Thanks guys!lol

-GuineaPiggie123

The grids are the correct size. Guinea pigs usually don't climb. Some boars will climb out to get to sows.

The coroplast is large enough for the size of the cage you are planning to build, including the ramp and the loft.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.