Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Cages - now available for purchase

Hi Everyone!

I thought I'd introduce myself as the "Sue's C & C cage" person. My name is Sue Galanto. I made my first C & C cage a couple years ago, and thought they were great. I did have a little trouble finding the materials, but if you make a few phone calls, and check the database, you'll find them! I started making them to sell as I was getting upset with seeing tiny pet store cages with two piggies stuffed into a 18" x 15" cage. A lot of people would tell me "I can't find that stuff" or "I don't want to make that." So that's where I come in. I sell the cage kit in five sizes for people who just cannot find the materials on their own, or don't have the means to take a large piece of corplast home, or if you're just not comfortable with tools, cutting, etc. Teresa has been absolutely wonderful making the cage kit page all come together. She truly is dedicated to the well being of guinea pigs with this site. A donation is made to help Teresa maintain this great site with every cage sold.

The sizes are listed on the "buy a C & C cage" link along with other accessories you might need. I also can just ship you the coroplast(cut and scored for you) if you already have the grids, or vise versa. They all come in navy blue and kelly green. There is still a supply of light blue available in the Xsmall size. I also am trying an all black cage (black grids and black or silver coroplast) to try it out, so if anyone is interested in those colors in any of the sizes, just email me at [email protected].

I also am having a Target rep make some phone calls for me (my 4 hours of phone calls got me nowhere) to find the Store-it kids cubes for baby piggies.

If anyone has questions about purchasing a cage or a special request, etc., please don't hesitate to email me. Thanks!

Sue

I also am having a Target rep make some phone calls for me (my 4 hours of phone calls got me nowhere) to find the Store-it kids cubes for baby piggies.
Have you had any luck? I know I haven't. I've looked in 4 different Target stores and I've spent hours searching online. It always leads me back to the regular size cubes and to this website. If you know of a supplier or a website please let me know.

David,

Funny you replied. I started to post to help you, and realized I don't have an item number for those kid grids, which is really where you need to begin. After being through the mill with Target and their distributors about the grids myself (I'm always buying them out of the regular white grids), I've realized the only way to get through with Target is like so:

Call a Target store and press 0 immediately. Ask for "Guest Services." When you get someone there, ask them to do a "merchandise locate" for all Target stores within, say, 50 miles of your zip code. The will be able to punch the item number into the computer and let you know how many of the grids they have in stock at any of the Target stores within that radius. (This is where the item number would come in handy, of course.)

Problem is: Target's website doesn't list the item (at least I can't find it) and I believe those kid grids are exclusive to Target.

Now, I did see 3 cases of the the kid grids (I think there's 13 grids in a pack of 4 colors) at my local Target. I wish I wrote down the item number at that time, so I could help. I'm sure that someone posting here must have them and can give you the item number. Once you get that number, call Guest Services to find out what Target in your area you can get them at.

If all else fails: I'll get you the ones at my local Target and send them to you! I frequent Target every few months to stock up on grids, and there are several in my area.

I know there was a great thread a while back on the kids grids. I just can't find it. Good luck. I'll keep an eye out for you and let you know.

It's 15 grids to a pack. I was fortunate enough to find the grids at my local target :)

Sounds great, hopefully someone will be able to find the item number.

I looked at the box to the regular sized grids and it says it's made by Tricam industries, I bought these at Target. I checked out their website https://tricam.com but they only talk about ladders they make on there (I guess it's a special order item). I might give them a call tomorrow morning to see if they have anyone else that retails the kids grids or a similar product. I don't want to try purchasing directly because I'd probably have to order 10,000 grids. Maybe I'll be lucky and find out there are other uses for the grids and someone else sells them.

If anyone has the item number to the kids grids please post it.

Thanks for your help.

Kid's grids item number

David,

I was lucky enough to get through to someone at Target to look on the shelf for the item number! It's 002 080 470. Now you can go through the procedure with guest services doing a merchandise locate for your area.

And yes, there are 15 grids in a pack with three colors.

Sue

Thank you. I'll give them a call today.

What were the different grid sizes? I have a baby/young piggie & he's still pretty small.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.