Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Stands C&C 2x4 cage stand?

jfitts23

Cavy Slave
Well basically my family is new to having guinea pigs. We have 2 as of now that are in a pet store cage. I just ordered a C&C 2x4 cage. It is way larger than our current cage. I wanted to know where do i find a stand to put the cage on, or is it alright to have it on the floor. I would like to have it on some type of short table but the only tables i have found large enough are very expensive. this is one i was looking at.
Activity Table - Rectangle - 30"W x 60"L at SCHOOLSin

shipping is as much as the table. Can someone give me some ideas on what to do or how there cage stand is. I want to put it in our living room.

SeeSpotSit

Cavy Slave
Do you have an IKEA where you are? I bought a table from there and it has worked fabulously. If not, a lot of people use grids to create a stand for the cage. There are a lot of pictures on this site showing how to criss-cross the grids below to create a sort of stand. Good luck! They will love the C & C.

jfitts23

Cavy Slave
Ok thanks for the ideas. We do have a local IKEA i'll check them out to. Pigs are our first pet and were loving them.

Petlovr

Cavy Slave
Why not try a second hand furniture store? I found a small dinette table, and it's nice and sturdy.

jfitts23

Cavy Slave
Just came back from IKEA found two tables that equal the size i need for $60 total. not bad. thanks again all.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.